Account & Settings

MRipley
Participant

Two Factor Authentication

SOLVE

I am a new Admin in Hubspot, I received an email regarding the switch to Two Factor Authentication starting December 1st. I'm curious if any other companies will have troubles with this as we will. We can't require our employees to use their personal cell phones for work purposes and we don't provide each employee with a work cell phone. There's no need for it at this time in our company other than this upcoming change to two factor authentication. Is there, or, will there be a way around requiring an employee to use their personal cell phone to get logged into Hubspot? I'd like to use a work email account to have the verification code sent there but, from what I understand, that is not possible currently. I've read about the Google Authenticator and that's great but that still requires a cell phone. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MRipley,

As far as I know there currently is not away around the required 2FA. Your users would have to have a phone.

I've been informed by HubSpot technical consultants that 2FA will not be required when single sign-on is in place: "The 2FA setting in HubSpot only applies to the HubSpot-native login." That might be a way out but requires an Enterprise license.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AConnolly1

SOLVE

We also have an issue with requiring a cell phone in order to access HubSpot. While we strongly believe in MFA, narrowing the implementation down to only go through cell phones seems very limited. Not all employees have company cell phones and several do not want to use their personal phones for business. Unless another choice is offered (i.e. email to company email address) we do not see how we can use HubSpot once MFA is required.  Is HubSpot working on another solution?

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MRipley ,

Two-factor authentication is to make your account more secure. Aprt from email, you can use your phone number to receive login code or google authenticator. But if yiu don't want your employee to use their personal phones to eceive the code then ask them not to set up the 2-FA authentication. They will be required only email to receive the login codes.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

MRipley
Participant

SOLVE
Thank you for your help but what you’re advising doesn’t at all match the information I’m receiving from Hubspot.
The email I received from Hubspot said 2FA will be required to log in as of December 1st, so we won’t have a choice whether employees use it or not. We don’t have a problem with employees using their personal phones, but we don’t want it to be a requirement. That opens up a lot of other issues if they get charged per message, if something happens to their phone at work, if they can’t afford a phone or plan that supports this, etc.
I spoke to the helpline and email is not an option at this time to receive the code, it must go to a mobile device.

Excerpt from the original email:
[Text, timeline Description automatically generated]

>From the help department:
[cid:image002.png@01D7D6DF.53FC8C70]
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MRipley,

As far as I know there currently is not away around the required 2FA. Your users would have to have a phone.

I've been informed by HubSpot technical consultants that 2FA will not be required when single sign-on is in place: "The 2FA setting in HubSpot only applies to the HubSpot-native login." That might be a way out but requires an Enterprise license.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.