Account & Settings

danielrodri
Participant

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hello,

Is it possible to view the users activity in a period of time. For example, to see in a "time line" if one of my users has loged in, posted notes, created contacts, emails, etc.

2 Accepted solutions
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Track users activity

SOLVE

You really can't check when someone has logged in, but you can check their activities.

The easiest way is to check activities in on the Sales Dashboard that HubSpot provides. Click the HubSpot Spocket on the top left. "Marketing Dashboard" will likely be what shows up. Click the triangle next to the dashboard name to change to the Sales Dashboard. 

The Default Sales Dashboard in HubSpot includes 5 reports right out of the box to get you started:

• Deal Forecast
  • Deal Closed vs. Goal
  • Team Activity
  • Sales Performance
  • Productivity

Focus on the Team Activity and Productivity reports:

The Team Activity report will show you the 20 latest sales activities from your team. 

The Productivity report will show you how many calls, emails, meetings, notes and tasks that have been logged by your team. For more info. hover over and click the "Quick View".

To find the information for a specific user click Filter Dashboard and choose Owner then select the team member's activities you'd like to see. 

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

willsmith
Solution

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @danielrodri 

There are a few ways of doing this: 
Depending upon your HubSpot subscription level and permissions, start with the Analytics Tools by going to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Team Productivity. Adjust the parameters to view the data you would like to see (date range, sales teams or sales rep etc.).

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 08.47.45.png
Next, (again, depending upon your HubSpot level) consider putting together a Sales Dashboard or a custom "Team Activity" dashboard to have this data at your fingertips and up to date. HubSpot has some great default reports that can be used for this dashboard. Check these out by going to Reports > Reports > Report Library (top right). Select Sales Rep and/or Sales Team in the left-side "Filter by" column. 

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 09.02.27.png

Finally, if you want to know each time someone has logged in, where go to Settings > Account Defaults > Security > Export Login History. This will export a CSV file that details when users logged into your HubSpot portal in the last 90 days.

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 08.29.23.png

This is a high-level report with the following data: 
Timestamp (when) | Email (who) | Login Succeeded (helps check security) | IP Address | Location | Type | User Agent.
Keep in mind, it is possible someone could have their chrome set to go open the HubSpot portal and login when then open their browser. This would indicate a log-in, however, they may not be using the CRM and recording actual activity. In this case, the reports listed above would be better for this type of granular activity. 

I hope this helps - please mark as a solution if it does to help the rest of the community. 
Thanks!
-Will

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
thomqe
Participant

Track users activity

SOLVE

1. Is it possible to track timestamp on deal activity IE: 3:45pm, Deal moved to closed won.

2. Is it possible to track list building activity? 

3. I've noticed it logs Tasks by when the due date/time was, not by when the task was physically marked completed.  Is that a bug or is that how it's supposed to function? 

0 Upvotes
zaklein
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @danielrodri

While the following recommendation won't solve your case perfectly (as it relies on the manual tracking of time, rather than auto-populated HubSpot properties), it may be of use to others with similar cases relating to the tracking of time for their HubSpot users/teams.

If you have access to custom objects in your HubSpot portal(s), you might be interested in StopWatch for HubSpot (a simple time tracking app designed to exist entirely within HubSpot). It allows you to track time against Tickets, Deals, Contacts and Companies using a "StopWatch" interface in the right sidebar on an individual record view, with the resulting "Time Logs" saved as custom object records within your HubSpot account. If you are interested, you can find the app's usage guide here.

I hope someone finds this useful. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

All the best,

Zach

0 Upvotes
willsmith
Solution

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @danielrodri 

There are a few ways of doing this: 
Depending upon your HubSpot subscription level and permissions, start with the Analytics Tools by going to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Team Productivity. Adjust the parameters to view the data you would like to see (date range, sales teams or sales rep etc.).

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 08.47.45.png
Next, (again, depending upon your HubSpot level) consider putting together a Sales Dashboard or a custom "Team Activity" dashboard to have this data at your fingertips and up to date. HubSpot has some great default reports that can be used for this dashboard. Check these out by going to Reports > Reports > Report Library (top right). Select Sales Rep and/or Sales Team in the left-side "Filter by" column. 

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 09.02.27.png

Finally, if you want to know each time someone has logged in, where go to Settings > Account Defaults > Security > Export Login History. This will export a CSV file that details when users logged into your HubSpot portal in the last 90 days.

CleanShot 2020-08-27 at 08.29.23.png

This is a high-level report with the following data: 
Timestamp (when) | Email (who) | Login Succeeded (helps check security) | IP Address | Location | Type | User Agent.
Keep in mind, it is possible someone could have their chrome set to go open the HubSpot portal and login when then open their browser. This would indicate a log-in, however, they may not be using the CRM and recording actual activity. In this case, the reports listed above would be better for this type of granular activity. 

I hope this helps - please mark as a solution if it does to help the rest of the community. 
Thanks!
-Will

DawnLS9

Track users activity

SOLVE

Will,

I have a question. I can see all this information, so thank you. I see someone no longer working here logging in.  Could that be becasue a report is tied to the person/email? It appears every week at the same time.

Thanks

Dawn

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @DawnLS9 

I think your hunch is right - that the report is tied to a person/email that is no longer there.

However, since I am not able to take a peek into your HubSpot portal, I would get in touch with HubSpot help. They should be able to see "behind the curtain" and troubleshoot this for you. 

I hope that helps. 
-Will

DawnLS9

Track users activity

SOLVE

Thank you!

willsmith

Track users activity

SOLVE

@danielrodri and @lastoia4761 

UPDATE

Now anyone with Super Admin access can see the last time someone logged into HubSpot.

To do this, go to Settings > Users & Teams.

Settings > Users & TeamsSettings > Users & Teams

MPeterknecht
Participant

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi Will,

That "LAST ACTIVE" information column is completly useless as it does not work as intented. We have users active in the portal, yet their last activity is reported with day's ago. Do you have any explaination for that?

Thanks

Mike

0 Upvotes
ChrisLynam
Participant

Track users activity

SOLVE
Hi Will
We are trying to track down a list of contacts incorrectly assigned by a particular user. Any tips on how to get that?
0 Upvotes
willsmith

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisLynam 

A few ideas:
1. If the contacts were imported, check for the static import list by going to Contacts > Lists

2. Ask: What points of data can we segment these incorrectly assigned contacts with? Then segment on that data point and fix the error. 
3. This may take a little more research, but, if you can't find the data to segment these contacts, you may need to investigate when the contacts were incorrectly assigned, then find the commonality between the contacts and segment from there. Go to one of the incorrectly assigned contact's records and check the property history by going to the contact record then to the right of their name, go to the Actions menu. Select View Property History and find the information from there. 

I hope this helps. 
-Will

Greg1464

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi Will,

I am a super admin but when I log into Hubspot and go to Settings -> Users & Teams, I only see three columns: Name, Team and Access. How can I get the last active column shown?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Mandyhuang

Track users activity

SOLVE

I facing the same issue too.

please help. converse with the live chat and the lady showed me her screenshot of my account, obviously mine and her is diff with the "last active" column

0 Upvotes
willsmith

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @Mandyhuang 

It looks like this is a Professional Level feature. I looked through our agency's various HubSpot client portals and the accounts that are not on the Professional level do not have the third column. 

If you are still looking to track a user's activity, my original post may be of help. 
Thank you. 
-Will

clc2019

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi. Thank you.  How can we see the entire login/access history.  This is essential to track behavior and for security purposes.  We need to see login history for 2019. Is there a way to do that or for HUBS to provide it? Thanks!

lastoia4761
Contributor

Track users activity

SOLVE

This feature is a must-have now that so many people work remotely. I'd like to be able to see when Hubspot users log into the system and how much activity is generated in a specific time period. 

willsmith
Solution

Track users activity

SOLVE

You really can't check when someone has logged in, but you can check their activities.

The easiest way is to check activities in on the Sales Dashboard that HubSpot provides. Click the HubSpot Spocket on the top left. "Marketing Dashboard" will likely be what shows up. Click the triangle next to the dashboard name to change to the Sales Dashboard. 

The Default Sales Dashboard in HubSpot includes 5 reports right out of the box to get you started:

• Deal Forecast
  • Deal Closed vs. Goal
  • Team Activity
  • Sales Performance
  • Productivity

Focus on the Team Activity and Productivity reports:

The Team Activity report will show you the 20 latest sales activities from your team. 

The Productivity report will show you how many calls, emails, meetings, notes and tasks that have been logged by your team. For more info. hover over and click the "Quick View".

To find the information for a specific user click Filter Dashboard and choose Owner then select the team member's activities you'd like to see. 

I hope that helps!

LThomas13

Track users activity

SOLVE

"You really can't check when someone has logged in, but you can check their activities."

FYI you can verify last login by exporting the list of users. 

LThomas13_0-1678195842020.png

willsmith

Track users activity

SOLVE

100% correct. Thanks for the update @LThomas13 - yes, HubSpot has certainly improved since 2019, when the original post was written. Also, the people on the Enterprise level can now opt into the Audit Logs Beta that gives full visibility into the activities from the last 90 days - you can even segment by Category, Action, date range, and the person who made the modification. 
CleanShot 2023-03-07 at 08.37.28.png

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi @LThomas13 and @willsmith,

Thank you for sharing these updates with this thread 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
xjessiec
Participant

Track users activity

SOLVE

Hi Will,

Possible to have the option to pull data re user's last active day/hour?

So that we can keep track of our employees work activity.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes