Account & Settings

LeonardLaval
Participant

Track and follow first & followup meetings

SOLVE

Hello,

I would like to follow the number of first meeting and follow up meeting for a deal. I don't succeed in creating it with properties or worflow. Can we have a field to count the # of meetings associtaed to a deal ? As we have the number of deal associated to contacts. 

Very important for me to analyse the volume of meetings my team did but by meeting type. I created meeting type "1st meeting" & "Follow up" but is manual & declarative, I want something automatic. 

It you have solution, happy to know it.

Thank you

Léo

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @LeonardLaval,

Good question! It does seem like "number of meetings booked" should be a default HubSpot property. HubSpot pretty much treats meetings booked like form submissions (sicne the contact needs to fill out the form attached to the meeting in order to book it), so you'll need a workaround to distinguish them. Here's what I think you could do:

1. Create a custom number property called something like "Number of Meetings Booked"
  2. Create a custom proeprty called something like "Number of First Meetings Booked"
  3. Create a custom proeprty called something like "Number of Follow-Up Meetings Booked"
  4. Create a workflow that triggers when someone fills out a meeting link (and be sure to enable re-enrollment so the contact is enrolled every time they fill out the form)
  5. Add a workflow step that increases the "Number of Meetings Booked" property by 1
  6. Add a workflow branch that looks at the "Number of Meetings Booked" property. If it is equal to 1, then you know it was the first meeting. You can then create the first branch which will increase the "Number of First Meetings Booked" by 1. If it is greater than one, you know that the first meeting has already been booked. The other branch can then increase the "Number of Follow-Up Meetings Booked" by 1

That should then let you track the total number of meetings booked, first meetings booked, and follow-up meetings booked on the contact record, as the contact will be the one booking the meetings. If you needed to get that info into the associated deal record, you could then create a workflow to copy it into the respective deal property. You also wouldn't need to create separate meetings links for first and follow-up meetings.

Otherwise, you can then build reports that pull from the needed custom Meetings properties.

Just keep in mind that this workflow would work for new contacts moving forward and would not be retroactive.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LeonardLaval,

Do you need this as a property or for insight? For the former, I'd recommend @jolle's approach. If it's the latter, I'd recommend creating a custom report for this. If you have access to workflows, you also have access to the custom report builder.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder and select Deals as primary data source and also check Sales activities.

You can then visualize the answer to your question by displaying Deal name, Call and meeting type (assuming that this is where you store whether a meeting is a "1st meeting" or a "Follow up"), and the Count of sales activities. I'd recommend a pivot table as chart type.

karstenkoehler_0-1660843027696.png

Filter your report by Activity type is any of Meeting.

karstenkoehler_1-1660843038201.png

If you only want to see specific deals, you can further filter by Deal name or Create date.

You should now see on the right how many meetings of each type there were for each deal. Reports are a suitable option if you don't need this count of meetings for other tools (lists, workflow enrollment etc).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Philgo20Prevu3D
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way to use this but for all meetings, not only those booked through a meeting link?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LeonardLaval,

Do you need this as a property or for insight? For the former, I'd recommend @jolle's approach. If it's the latter, I'd recommend creating a custom report for this. If you have access to workflows, you also have access to the custom report builder.

Navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder and select Deals as primary data source and also check Sales activities.

You can then visualize the answer to your question by displaying Deal name, Call and meeting type (assuming that this is where you store whether a meeting is a "1st meeting" or a "Follow up"), and the Count of sales activities. I'd recommend a pivot table as chart type.

karstenkoehler_0-1660843027696.png

Filter your report by Activity type is any of Meeting.

karstenkoehler_1-1660843038201.png

If you only want to see specific deals, you can further filter by Deal name or Create date.

You should now see on the right how many meetings of each type there were for each deal. Reports are a suitable option if you don't need this count of meetings for other tools (lists, workflow enrollment etc).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @LeonardLaval,

Good question! It does seem like "number of meetings booked" should be a default HubSpot property. HubSpot pretty much treats meetings booked like form submissions (sicne the contact needs to fill out the form attached to the meeting in order to book it), so you'll need a workaround to distinguish them. Here's what I think you could do:

1. Create a custom number property called something like "Number of Meetings Booked"
  2. Create a custom proeprty called something like "Number of First Meetings Booked"
  3. Create a custom proeprty called something like "Number of Follow-Up Meetings Booked"
  4. Create a workflow that triggers when someone fills out a meeting link (and be sure to enable re-enrollment so the contact is enrolled every time they fill out the form)
  5. Add a workflow step that increases the "Number of Meetings Booked" property by 1
  6. Add a workflow branch that looks at the "Number of Meetings Booked" property. If it is equal to 1, then you know it was the first meeting. You can then create the first branch which will increase the "Number of First Meetings Booked" by 1. If it is greater than one, you know that the first meeting has already been booked. The other branch can then increase the "Number of Follow-Up Meetings Booked" by 1

That should then let you track the total number of meetings booked, first meetings booked, and follow-up meetings booked on the contact record, as the contact will be the one booking the meetings. If you needed to get that info into the associated deal record, you could then create a workflow to copy it into the respective deal property. You also wouldn't need to create separate meetings links for first and follow-up meetings.

Otherwise, you can then build reports that pull from the needed custom Meetings properties.

Just keep in mind that this workflow would work for new contacts moving forward and would not be retroactive.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Philgo20Prevu3D
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way to use this for all meetings, not only those booked through a meeting link?

0 Upvotes
LeonardLaval
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks but unfortunately the "Numer of meetings booked" is not a native property from Hubspot.

I already used all the calculated properties I could create so hard to create 3 new ones just for this item.

And I would like to have this info of "first meeting" or "followup meeting" directly on the activity object to do analytics on standard activities report. I don't succeed to create these properties here. Do you some tips please ? 

Thank you

0 Upvotes