Account & Settings

KirkB
Participant

Total Export of Contact Data If Needed

SOLVE

My company may be moving to Salesforce in about a year.  When the time comes, will I be able to export 100% of my contact data and notes to excel for later import into Excel?

Thanks very much for looking at this.

Kirk

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @KirkB. Check out the last item from this help article on exports. While there's not an in-app option for exporting notes, orgs with developer resources can use the Engagements API to extract notes associated with a single contact. 

If and when you do make the switch, you may want to consider enabling the Create Audit Fields permission, which will allow admins to set system fields such as Create Date, when creating records via the API. You could preserve when a record was created in HubSpot with a matching Salesforce create date this way. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @KirkB. Check out the last item from this help article on exports. While there's not an in-app option for exporting notes, orgs with developer resources can use the Engagements API to extract notes associated with a single contact. 

If and when you do make the switch, you may want to consider enabling the Create Audit Fields permission, which will allow admins to set system fields such as Create Date, when creating records via the API. You could preserve when a record was created in HubSpot with a matching Salesforce create date this way. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
KirkB
Participant

SOLVE

VERY helpful, I've copied/captured all that text for use in the future.

Thanks!

Kirk

KirkB
Participant

SOLVE

No. Am interested in the ability to export my HS data later on and then import to Salesforce if and when my company goes in that direction.

0 Upvotes