Toggle between Two Accounts

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, 

I work as a consultant for two completely different companies. They both use Hubspot and it's where my core activity is tracked. 

Is it possible to have two separate accounts open with the ability to toggle between them both? or do I need to sign in and sign out according to which Hubspot account I'm working in? 

Tim

13 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @timcaca, you can absolutely toggle between two accounts. If you click on your user avatar in the top right of the portal, you should see a part of the menu under "Your Accounts" - this will display all of the accounts where you have access with the same email address. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 1.56.49 PM.png

If you aren't able to log in to all those accounts with one email address, it's not possible to toggle in that way, however I've seen a great solution where users will create different chrome profiles with their various email accounts. This Iway they can remain logged in and continue to work in both environments simultaneously. I hope this helps! 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Has this feature been taken down?  I cannot toggle between two accounts (one for my nonprofit work, the other for the for profit work.)

thanks!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have the same problem,  I have two different EMails for two different companies.  In my Avatar I don't see any other account to toggle with.

Do I need to sign in / out depending on the company I need to work on?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I've logged in to both of my accounts and neither display my other account when I click on my avatar as suggested in a previous post.

Any update on this please?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Silky,

The layout has changed a bit since this was originally answered, now you can toggle between accounts through this part of the navigation: 

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.54.04 PM.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

It is still unclear how one registers a second account under a different email address to be able to use the account switcher you are showing in your screenshot?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor
I run multiple businesses. Different accounts.
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

How are you able to switch between accounts

1. in the same browser, 

2. without re-logging in every time, and

3. without using different browsers?

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

I have upvoted this question as I have the exact same issue. 

I would love to be able to toggle on the mobile app as well, but I understand if that is asking too much at this point...

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

You have to create a user with the same email on both accounts. 

Community Thought Leader

>>"You have to create a user with the same email on both accounts."

Absolutely correct @believe2achieve ...

It's actually quite painful to use multiple unrelated email addresses while working across multiple HubSpot accounts. The best solutions we've found so far involve using multiple browser windows (incognito) or multiple browsers. Anything less causes contention between HubSpot accounts and can result in you being forceably logged out of one account as you login to the other. (not always harmless)

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Occasional Contributor

Hey Hubspot,   

There seems to be some real interest in this feature.  It is very commonplace for executives to have different personas across different organziations.

I have 3 separate Hubspot accounts, for 3 separate companies.  In each company, I have a different email address.  Why can't I simply switch between them?

You currently allow people to switch between Hubspot accounts, provided that they have the same email address in both accounts - this does not make much sense.

It seems you are so close to solving this problem - you're just missing the critical last step.

What is the likelihood of this happening soon?

Thanks

Norm

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @NormCouturier,

If you would like to see this functionality implemented in the future, I would recommend continuing the conversation in the ideas forum, as this is the space our product team monitors. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes