Account & Settings

esagiv
Participant

The sales are not recorded into the desired database

SOLVE

So I am very confused.

We have two WP websites. Lets call them es.AR.com and just AR.com.

There are two hubspot accounts MAIN and LEADS with different IDs.

On both websites in "Connected to HubSpot Hub ID" there is the ID of the MAIN account. In the MAIN account the target domain is "AR.com" and "es.AR.com" is listed as external domain in "advance tracking".

I would expect that all leads/contacts from the both websites get recorded to the MAIN database. However that is not what happens.

Some leads (but not all) from the AR.com website are recorded into the LEAD database instead.

I cannot understand why that happens. The ids in the wp plugins on both sides are of the MAIN account, not LEADS. Tracking obviously works on ar.com website, because some contacts are recorded correctly.

Can you please help me understand?

Should I delete the LEADS account altogether, will that fix the issue? 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @esagiv

It looks like there have not been any contacts created since November 10th. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @esagiv

It sounds like you have contacts coming into your portal(s) through your WordPress sites. Are the contacts filling out forms on your wordpress sites and that is how they are being added to your portal? 

Are the forms that the contacts are filling out directly associated with your portals? Are they external forms? 

If you can share the portal IDs as well as the urls of your website that the portals are on, that would be great. 

If you can share example contacts that would also be helpful. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
esagiv
Participant

SOLVE

Are the contacts filling out forms on your wordpress sites and that is how they are being added to your portal? 

YES

Are the forms that the contacts are filling out directly associated with your portals? Are they external forms? 

No, they are Contact Form 7 forms, WP plugin. They are just on the websites.

If you can share the portal IDs as well as the urls of your website that the portals are on, that would be great.

albareyes.com and es.albareyes.com

Both websites use the same ID in WP Hubspot plugin settings:  957679.

This ID corresponds to the "MAIN" account. As I mentioned some contacts get spontaneously hijacked by another account "LEADS" with ID 882079 

If you can share example contacts that would also be helpful. 

There are many of them and I cannot really see any difference between those contacts that go in MAIN and those who go to LEADS. Apart from the fact that "es.albareyes.com" contacts exclusively go to the correct database.

I can  share them of course if needed.

In the 957679 (MAIN) target domain is albareyes.com, additional site domains include es.albareyes.com

In the 882079 (LEADS) target domain is albareyes.net (our test domain) and no additional domains are provided.

The thing is, we will be happy to purchase a paid plan, but we need the system to work reliably and write contacts into one database without losing anything.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @esagiv

Looking at the portals and their configuration at the moment, I can see that all of your domains are associated with portal 957679 and your other portal, 882079, is just associated with albareyes.net, which is not a live website. 

With this in mind, I submitted a form on your website and my test contact record was only recorded in 957679. 

If your configuration was different in the past, there could have been contacts going to the wrong portal, however as of now it seems that contacts are only going to 957679. 

If you are still concerned about this matter, my question would be what type of contact records you would like to have going into your leads portal if not those that are coming in through your forms. 

Again, as it is set up now, your contacts should only be going to 957679.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
esagiv
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Jenny. 

So we had the same configuration for at least a month now, and you can check the database "882079". It has some pretty recent entries. 

Capture.PNG

Where do they come from? Can there be some code left that is pointing to the old database somewhere? Do you think I should delete the "leads"database altogether?

Or even the whole 882079 account?

xCapture.PNG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @esagiv

It looks like there have not been any contacts created since November 10th. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

0 Upvotes
esagiv
Participant

SOLVE

No. We haven't.

So you think it will be OK now?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @esagiv

If the issue is no longer occurring you should be all set. 

If you experience the issue in the future, let us know.