Account & Settings

fairinacheng

Task notifications not being received by email

SOLVE

Hello, I'm having an issue where my task notifications are no longer being received by email, as of 29 March. There is nothing in spam or trash.

I have talked with Google support and in my Admin panel:

- allowlisted hubspot.com
- Added noreply@hubspot.com to the spam address list

I have also added a filter to my Gmail that never sends emails from noreply@hubspot.com to spam.

However this doesn't seem to be working and I am still not receiving emails.

I've tested with my GSuite email address (my own domain) and my Gmail address and don't receive notifications at either (when I previously did).

No settings were updated on my end since emails stopped coming in. Can anyone assist with this issue?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@fairinacheng,

Yes! Especially if tasks are assigned to you pretty simeltaniously. No one wants to receive 10 duplicate emails in a row when it can be condensed into one. However, if the tasks are assigned sporatically, then you should receive notifications per task. Hopefully this makes sense. 🙂

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @fairinacheng,

Reaching here but have you tried updating your user notifications in HubSpot? Sometimes settings are updated. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-to-set-up-user-notifications-in-hubspot 

If this does not fix your issue please @ me and I will try my best to assist. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
fairinacheng

SOLVE

@StefaniUAT I've given this a go (although the settings were already there and hadn't changed) and it's not working. There are 5 task notifications in my Hubspot that should have been emailed to me however they haven't been received. Strangely enough I've started receiving a compilation email from the same noreply@hubspot.com email address telling me I have 5 tasks due today (rather than the individual emails I used to receive)!

Has Hubspot perhaps just changed the way it worked? I didn't alter any notification related settings.

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@fairinacheng,

Yes! Especially if tasks are assigned to you pretty simeltaniously. No one wants to receive 10 duplicate emails in a row when it can be condensed into one. However, if the tasks are assigned sporatically, then you should receive notifications per task. Hopefully this makes sense. 🙂

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fairinacheng ,

You can check your notification settings once and set-up all the settings once again.
This may resolve the issue.

Click the Settings icon in the main nevigation bar of your HubSpot account.
Click Notifications in the left sidebar menu
Under the Email tab, you can check and re-do the settings.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

0 Upvotes