Account & Settings

JKibler
Participant

Task click through linking to deal not company

SOLVE

I was pleased to see that HubSpot enabled deals, contacts, and companies to be associated with tasks on the task viewing page (a great add) but would like to know if users can change the click-through location for the task.  Said another way, if both a company and a deal are associated with a task and one clicks on the task on the task list, the company is brought up.  I would like the deal to be brought up as I have many deals associated with each company.  As it stands, I have to click through a few more times to see the actual deal.  I'm going to go back to my old work-around that deleted all company names from my deals.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKibler,

I hope I'm understanding correctly what you're referring to. If yes, that you can see associated records (and click through to them) by customizing the columns:

karstenkoehler_0-1625160854867.png

Fictional data.

When you hover over a task and click Edit, you can also click through to the associated records:

karstenkoehler_1-1625160952463.png

Let me know if that's what you were looking for, happy to help.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JKibler
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten - I'll give it a try! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JKibler,

I hope I'm understanding correctly what you're referring to. If yes, that you can see associated records (and click through to them) by customizing the columns:

karstenkoehler_0-1625160854867.png

Fictional data.

When you hover over a task and click Edit, you can also click through to the associated records:

karstenkoehler_1-1625160952463.png

Let me know if that's what you were looking for, happy to help.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.