Account & Settings

swaybelly

Target Domain quick question

What do I do if I want to use Hubspot for personal CRM and do not want to use my company domain for my target domain?  Does Hubspot have a default domain I can use?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Aleeson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Target Domain quick question

Hey there!

In short: Not really?

In Longer:  If you're talking about the target domain in terms of the tracking code, if you don't have the tracking code installed on any of your pages, the target domain will do absolutely nothing. If you're not using HubSpot for tracking content or Analytics, having a tracking domain with no tracking code installed on pages with that domain won't cause any break in functionality. The Target Domain basically tells HubSpot to look for an account-specific  tracking code at that domain. If it doesn't find one, no big deal.

I don't think there's anything stopping you putting a placeholder url like "swaybelly.com/placeholderurlhere.net/yourname.horse/etc" in its place, if you're really concerned about having something in that box. 

Do feel free to correct me on this one if I'm off the mark! It sounds like you're not going to be using any of the website tools in HubSpot, and moreso just want to use the CRM functionality.