Account & Settings

NShacklock
Mitglied

Sync "Owner" between Contact and Deal

lösung

Hi all.

Is it possible to sync the Owner of a Deal and the Contact it relates to (and vice versa?)

We are constantly moving Deals into another team member's name, but they can't then edit the contact because it's still linked to the previous owner (and our permissions don't let them see or edit each other's contacts for security reasons)

This seems like a very basic feature... currently when we transfer a Deal to another member of the team, we have to then remember to go and transfer the Contact too, which is really annoying. 

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
jfreeman
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @NShacklock ,

If I'm understanding correctly when you change the deal to a new HS owner you want that HS owner to take over ownership of the associated contacts as well, correct?

I would solve that with a deal-based workflow like this...

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 9.40.07 AM.png

1.  Set the enrollment criteria to "Deal Owner" is known. That will trigger every time the owner is updated on a single deal card.

2. Use the "Copy property value" action (rather than the "Set property value" action) to copy from the deal owner to the contact owner

Hopefully, this helps! Happy to hop on a screen share to help you work through it if needed.

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Joseph Freeman
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Joseph »

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @NShacklock,

It looks like you're on a free subscription. Unfortunately, the automation needed for this is only available in the paid Professional and Enterprise versions of HubSpot.

With access to workflows, you would create a deal-based workflow that enrolls deals when their owner is known or changed. (This is what the re-enrollment is doing. HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed".)

karstenkoehler_0-1626890828509.png

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any workarounds for the free subscription.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
BPucher
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi there, 

We are doing the opposite strategy where we assign deal owners according to who the contact owner is. However, we're running into issues. When a contact owner is reassigned, the workflow will also change all the historical deals. Is there a way we can set it so that it only copies the contact owner over when it is a new deal card being created? And not affecting the old deal cards? 

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @BPucher,

Thanks for reaching out! This expected behavior for a contact-based workflow to update all of the deals regardless of their creation date and historical data. 

I wanted to refer you to this thread where @karstenkoehler explains this behavior and @jhansen offers a potential workaround.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @NShacklock,

It looks like you're on a free subscription. Unfortunately, the automation needed for this is only available in the paid Professional and Enterprise versions of HubSpot.

With access to workflows, you would create a deal-based workflow that enrolls deals when their owner is known or changed. (This is what the re-enrollment is doing. HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed".)

karstenkoehler_0-1626890828509.png

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any workarounds for the free subscription.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

jfreeman
Lösung

lösung

Hi @NShacklock ,

If I'm understanding correctly when you change the deal to a new HS owner you want that HS owner to take over ownership of the associated contacts as well, correct?

I would solve that with a deal-based workflow like this...

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 9.40.07 AM.png

1.  Set the enrollment criteria to "Deal Owner" is known. That will trigger every time the owner is updated on a single deal card.

2. Use the "Copy property value" action (rather than the "Set property value" action) to copy from the deal owner to the contact owner

Hopefully, this helps! Happy to hop on a screen share to help you work through it if needed.

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Joseph Freeman
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Joseph »