Account & Settings

Lilyks
Participant

Setting up another Domain

SOLVE

Hello,

We are launching a new brand and would like to set up a second website in addition to the one we have currently. 

1. Is it possible to set up a second wesbite under the same Hubspot account? All our current database will remain the same for the second brand/website. 

2. Can two seperate websites running under one account have different theme templates or do they have to be the same?

3. How do you switch between domains on hubspot if the above is possible?

4. Does hubspot have some step by step instructions for setting up another domain and how to create a second website?

If it is not possible to have two seperate websites under one account (we currently have professional) is there any other cost saving way we can do this? We are on a budget and would perfer not to upgrade to the Enterprise level if we can help it. 

Not long been with Hubspot, so sorry for any dumb questions!

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lilyks,

It sounds like what you're looking for is an additional brand domain. This would be the right fit for you if you want to host content for two brands on distinct root domains. (HubSpot has a handy little infographic explaining subdomain, brand domain, root domain and top-level domain under the link above.) 

As far as templates go, I'm not aware of any limitations around creating more website themes or using the design manager on a Pro subscription. (Your account manager or sales will be able to confirm this.)

Regarding your third question, assets would not be separated when using an additional brand domain. Both brand domains would be managed and accessed from one HubSpot portal.

You can find instructions for connecting an additional brand domain right here. I'll also link the product page with some more context: https://www.hubspot.com/products/brand-domains

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lilyks,

It sounds like what you're looking for is an additional brand domain. This would be the right fit for you if you want to host content for two brands on distinct root domains. (HubSpot has a handy little infographic explaining subdomain, brand domain, root domain and top-level domain under the link above.) 

As far as templates go, I'm not aware of any limitations around creating more website themes or using the design manager on a Pro subscription. (Your account manager or sales will be able to confirm this.)

Regarding your third question, assets would not be separated when using an additional brand domain. Both brand domains would be managed and accessed from one HubSpot portal.

You can find instructions for connecting an additional brand domain right here. I'll also link the product page with some more context: https://www.hubspot.com/products/brand-domains

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.