Account & Settings

mjwilson
Participant

See the Contact Owner but Restrict Viewing the Properties

We have a bunch of account executives who compete against each other for sales. Very often, they will come across a contact that someone else already owns - but they're unable to see who. 

Is it possible for them to be able to see who owns a contact in our database, but restrict their ability to open that contact and see the properties, like email and phone number? 

9 Replies 9
Marie_
Contributor

Hi mjwilson

Just wondering if you found a solution to your problem. I have the same issue.

thanks

0 Upvotes
mjwilson
Participant

Hey Marie_, 

Unfortunuately, no. We were never able to find a suitable solution to this problem. Still looking though! 

Marie_
Contributor

Thanks for the response! Will also keep looking 😄

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marie_ and @mjwilson hope you are doing well 🙂

I did additional searching and I came across a newly released beta feature that allows us to restrict view access for properties - here is an article that explains more on this: Restrict view access for properties (BETA).

However, I'm afraid that there are some properties that won't be restricted even if you request the beta.

Hope this helps clarify, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Marie_
Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I have already used this feature to partition between two brands.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to be the solution to my goal however. For me, I want all users to be able to see who owns a contact so if they are trying to create a lead and get the message that the email has already been used for a contact, they then know which of their collegues to speak to.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marie_ hope you are having a great day. 

I understand your point, however, I'm afraid that this is the only option for now.

I will suggest that you submit the idea here this way it will have more chances to be implemented in the future 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

mjwilson
Participant

Thanks @DianaGomez ! 

It does look like they're working towards this feature. I'm going to try and get access to this beta to try it out. I'll report back if I make progress. 

mjwilson
Participant

Hey Webdew, 

Thanks for your reply - although I think you may have misunderstood my question. We're not having any issues assigning contacts to our AEs. And I assure you we're not wasting resources. 

Our problem is that our AEs will sometimes meet a new contact in person, say at a conference, or business meeting, and then when they go to enter that contact in our database, if someone already owns it, they can't see who, to let them know what the conversation in person has been. 

In other words, we need a way for our AEs to be able to see the owner of a contact, but not all of the properties associated with that contact. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @mjwilson ,

If the sales reps have the access to whole database, then yes they can see who owns the contact. You can do the setting here: Settigs > Users and Teams > Click user name > CRM (Object access).
I will advise you to assign the contacts to sales reps and set the CRM setting so that tey can access the contacts assign to them only. If the different sales reps are talking to one contact at av time, this is completely a wastage of resurce plus, this alos irks the contact. And you might loose a potential client.
Also check this article here: Assign ownership of records (hubspot.com)

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.