Account & Settings

knsage
Teilnehmer/-in

Sales Assistant User Access

lösung

One of our sales reps has an assistant that helps him process orders and relay product information to his customers. Currently, she can only edit contacts that she is the HubSpot Owner of and visa versa. We would like her to be able to view and edit the main sales rep's contacts in HubSpot. Is this possible?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @knsage,

In order for this person to edit her sales rep's contacts, she would need edit access to ALL contacts in the portal. HubSpot user permissions only allow for access to owned contacts or all contacts, and it is not possible to restrict permissions such that a user can only access contacts that belong to another user. 

Alternatively, she could log in to HubSpot using the credentials of her sales rep's HubSpot user account in order to access he/she's records.

Rami 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
Akamu77
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I've posted about your idea in another Idea Submission, which I think captures your use case, in addition to other related functions.  Assign Tasks, Notifications Based On User Relationships (Such As Assistant)  Give it a thumb-up if you like it.

0 Upvotes
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @knsage,

In order for this person to edit her sales rep's contacts, she would need edit access to ALL contacts in the portal. HubSpot user permissions only allow for access to owned contacts or all contacts, and it is not possible to restrict permissions such that a user can only access contacts that belong to another user. 

Alternatively, she could log in to HubSpot using the credentials of her sales rep's HubSpot user account in order to access he/she's records.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
knsage
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks Rami for your help. It would be awesome if "Sales Assistant" permissions were added to HubSpot Sales in the future. For now, I'll just give her access to edit everything. Thank you.