Account & Settings

Ministry15
Mitglied

Restricting Team members access to Super Admin contacts

lösung

Hi there. I am a free user, potentially looking to upgrade if I can get the basics to work for us.

Currently, I am the only user on our system - super admin - but we want to introduce 2 external sales reps and set them up as users.  They will only be selling a sepcific range of our products so I do not want them to have access to all our contacts.

I have set the 2 new users up and put them in a "Team" with a restriction that they can only see contacts owned by members of the Team. 

However, when I put myself into the Team so I can see what they're are up to and also add contacts that are relevant, it automatically allowed them access to all our contacts.  

Is there a way I can have myself in this Team without it incorporating all of our contacts? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Ministry15,

@Ministry15 wrote:

Is there a way I can have myself in this Team without it incorporating all of our contacts? 

This is not possible. When contact access is set to Team only and you're a member of the team, the team will see your contacts. However, as a super admin (or potentially another role with contact access set to Everything), you don't need to be in the team to see what they're up to? You're able to access and record without being a member ot that team.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Ministry15,

@Ministry15 wrote:

This is not possible. When contact access is set to Team only and you're a member of the team, the team will see your contacts. However, as a super admin (or potentially another role with contact access set to Everything), you don't need to be in the team to see what they're up to? You're able to access and record without being a member ot that team.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.