Account & Settings

LR-CLFS

Restrict users from deleting tickets

SOLVE

I would like the ability to allow users to edit but not delete tickets.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LR-CLFS,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

@sharonlicari, if this look solved to you it could be moved to the discussion section of the community?

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GavinL
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten - noticed this new feature in one of Hubspot's monthly update email notifications and have already implemented it

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LR-CLFS,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

@sharonlicari, if this look solved to you it could be moved to the discussion section of the community?

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GavinL
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed - we then the ability when setting up users/roles to restrict the ability to delete cerating objects (whether tickets, deals etc) - this level of control in the user permissions is a no-brainer

I know the abiltiy to restore deleted tickets is available, but how would a user/role know when this has happened - cannot see a way to use workflows to get such a notification 

0 Upvotes