Require specific properties when creating a deal

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Entreprise and Contact are not mandatory property when creating a new transaction. Other field can be selected to be mandatory such as Deal Amount. How can I change that? Thank you.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Bertrand1 This HubSpot Academy resource explains how to set required fields when creating deals, contacts, or companies.  

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

I understand well how to select a property like Deal Close Date and set it as mandatory when creating a Transaction.

However, I have not found how to set properties (Enterprise and Contact) mandatory when creating a new Transaction.

Thanks of your help.

Bertrand

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

HI @Bertrand1 . Can you clarify the difference between creating a Transaction and creating a new Transaction?  And when you say Transaction, I'm assuming you mean Deal?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

I have defined a process with my partner and I want to rely on Hubspot to control it. Partner creates new deals in the CRM (I think you call them Transaction in the CRM). Partner assigns me an activity to validate the Transaction.

I will validate or reject the deal based on mandatory  information that must be present in the Transaction such as enterprise, contact, deal value, deal description, deal closing date etc... Once I validate the deal, I move the deal on a other phase of the sales process. I delete the activity and I inform the partner of my decision. The partner is the Transaction owner. The partner can only see the Transaction that he has created. The partner will continue to manage the Transaction in the funel until deal is won or lost.

Does it make sense?

Bertrand 

0 Upvotes