Account & Settings

s29ers

Replies to campaign emails from Mailchimp not being shown in Hubspot

Hello

I have seen that when a client replies to an email sent out by a Mailchimp campaign, that email never shows up in Hubspot even though the reply-to email address is connected to Hubspot. Hubspot will pick up any reply sent to that same address if replying to an email that was originally sent to it outside Hubspot, or if a new email is sent to it. All emails are re received in my normal email client.

We have email address sales@xyz.com connected to a shared Hubspot inbox as we need several people to be able to deal with it.  We cannot use/make sales@xyz.com a Hubspot 'personal inbox'.

Here's what happens

Say John Doe has never received anything from or contacted us. From Yahoo, he sends an email to "sales@xyz.com ". I get it both in my email client and in Hubspot. Now, let's say Jane Doe is a person who again has no contact with us. She doesn't exist in Hubspot just as John Doe did not. She gets a email in her Yahoo acount from a mailing from us from Mailchimp. She replies from her Yahoo account to the same address "sales@xyz.com " which is the reply-to address in the Mailchimp campaign email she got. I receive her reply in my email client but I do NOT get it in Hubspot. She is a new client like John Doe sending a new email (the reply) to us from Yahoo for the first time to the same email address of ours, "sales@xyz.com ". Hubspot does not pick it up.

If I send an email from sales@xyz outside Hubspot to Jane Doe, and she replies to me form Yahoo, I get it and Hubspot picks it up too. So origination of the email chain doesn't need to start in Hubspot.

Can anyone kindly suggest what to do or is it a bug in Hubspot?

TIA

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
AlyssaGreenwood

I am having this same issue if anyone can help - but it's even happening with existing contacts. I can see the activity but I can't see the email reply from the contact in Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
s29ers

Hi Tiphane

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your post.

This is actaully causing more problems I didn't notice till recently.

It seems now, emails forwarded either to my account or the sales@ or support@ emails connected to the inbox are not arriving and we are not getting any email at all if it is from a new email address as far as HS is concerned, ie new client, or existing clients. So we are receiving no emails. I deleted and reconnected the email accounts today and they are all checking out when being created.

First of all, if these are IMAP/SMTP do I need forwarding addresses at my email provider to the respective forwarding addresses given by HUbspot or not, i.e. are incming emails being picked up via IMAP anyway since IMAP is connectd and the forwarding addresses are therefore redundant? I had forwarding addressess set up at my email provider, and that was working but then as I wrote, suddently nothing was arriving/being shown in HS. The same forwarding was working to elsewhere. So when I recreated the accounts, I also deleted the forwarders and nothing was received. Then I added them back and nothing still.

This is most frustrating, I must say; I never had any such issues (which have wasted hours or even days trying to resolve) with any of the other similar products I used before switching to HS.

Any help most appreciated.

If you coud kindly let me know what you need I will PM to you. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @s29ers 

Thank you for your reply

I'm sorry for the frustration caused. 

IMAP connections are not supported when you connect a team email channel in the Conversations Inbox. If your inbox isn’t hosted with Office 365 or Google, or you’re using a Google Groups account or email alias to communicate with contacts, you need to set up a hosted email in the conversations inbox. You need to set up forwarding to this hosted email by following those steps

In order to troubleshoot further, can you confirm with your IT person or IT team if this is set up correctly? 

If so, can you send me a screenshot of this forwarding rule in your email client? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @s29ers 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Can you send me via DM a specific example of this? (screenshots of the email sent by the contact that you received in your inbox but did not get in HubSpot, as well as the email headers of this email. You can find here how to get these email headers). 

Do you know as well if this is happening when the contact already exists in HubSpot, or if this is only happening with contacts that are not yet in HubSpot? 

Thank you!

Best, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes