Account & Settings

Cam
Contributor

Removing the Sent with Hubspot branding

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the "Sent with HubSpot" message at the bottom of the emails. I work in freelance illustration/design and my concern is that seeing this might make the emails come across as too market-y.

Also, does anyone have any opinions about how your marketing performs between having the message there as opposed to not having this message there?

Thanks for any information!

-Cam

1 Accepted solution
pb1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I think this a new thing they have put on! You can just delete it, by making sure the cursor is underneath the "Sent by Hubspot" then pressing backspace/delete on your keyboard... but annoying yes! Any one else know how to turn this off permanently? 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
pb1
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I think this a new thing they have put on! You can just delete it, by making sure the cursor is underneath the "Sent by Hubspot" then pressing backspace/delete on your keyboard... but annoying yes! Any one else know how to turn this off permanently? 

Cam
Contributor

SOLVE

@pb1

Thanks very much for the solution! When I hovered over the righ of the message there was no option to place the cursor next to the line so I assumed it was not editable. Thanks for the clever fix!

Best,

Cam

0 Upvotes
pb1
Participant

SOLVE

Aw thanks! I wouldn't have thought this was good enough for a solution but I suppose it will have to do.. for now! Still need to be able to turn it on and off though... could it be that this feature is only available in paid versions? (ANYONE KNOW THIS ANSWER?) If so, I'd pay £12 a year just to remove it! (If they offered that option that is...Maybe a new thing they're doing???) In short Hubspot.. please let me know where/if there is a feature you can select this on and off. 

0 Upvotes
pb1
Participant

SOLVE

QUICK UPDATE: (transcript from hubspot people on chat)

Me: When I go to send an email, it now has "sent by hubpost" at the bottom of an email. I'm currently on the free version, but do you know how to turn this off??

Him: So that is something that just got released for trial last week, you can just delete it from the email when you are composing it.

Me: oh ok.

thought it was new...

Me: I knew i could delete it, but having to do this every time I send an email.. gets a bit tiring

i guess i should just wait and see if they include an button to toggle it on or off somewhere in settings

Him: I completely understand. They actually are having us report any question/comments we get on it so I will make sure to pass along the message for you.

Me: many thanks

Me: btw is this removed on the paid versions?

Him: Yes, it is just with our free tools.

OK SO IT LOOKS LIKE ITS JUST ON THE FREE VERSIONS. Ciao for now 

Cam
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the info! I'm super glad to know that at least we can remove it on the free version...at least for now. Hopefully they will continue to let us have the option because I am concerned that I will come across too pushy or sell-y or market-y to some people if they see the HubSpot branding at the bottom.

Thanks again!

Cam

Hachdan
Participant

SOLVE

Anyone know what pricing tier is required for this to be removed?

A bit unprofessional of Hubspot to embed this content in without notification.

arrow
Participant

SOLVE

Adding my voice to this... so annoying deleting manually over and over. If this becomes non-removable I will use a different CRM - it's too salesy for me to feel comfortable leaving it at the bottom of my emails. This is the first thing that's happened in HubSpot to make me consider switching. 

jeremyw

SOLVE

I agree its annoying. I accidentally sent an email with it just now. I'm sure it puts people off if they see you are sending an email to them via a tracking tool.

I appreciate this is free and they have to make money. But, do people really see this and think hey, i should get hubspot? Seems like bad advertising all around.

vovanest

SOLVE

It looks like this is removed for the new [free] accounts but it's still there in the older ones. I am a user in 2 different accounts, both free, but I still can't get rid of this text in the old one. I'd really appreciate the HS team to clean this out of the old accounts too. 

0 Upvotes
pb1
Participant

SOLVE

Do you know what I did.. I reverted back to using my Thunderbird email client.. I didn't realise I could automatically add the BCC tracking email address to every email I wrote, (in Thunderbird) which then automatically adds to Hubspot, this now acts as my backup of all email correspondence. Also, I found the Hubspot email interface a bit clunky, and hard to track sent and received emails. It may be better if you link the paid Google suite/mail etc, but I use the free version. Felt a bit back to front in cases, and also, I found some emails would go missing. Weird I know. In short.. use a proper emial client, and just link hubspot with the BCC email address they provide you. I then mainly use Hubspot to organise all my projects with job numbers etc. Works great for me now. Hope that helps. 

0 Upvotes
vovanest

SOLVE

Yeah bcc works for outgoing mail, but the replies don't include bcc email, so they are not tracked until you reply back or forward it to crm using a special forward address.

0 Upvotes
pb1
Participant

SOLVE

Correct, no BCC for the client, but when they reply, the email automatically gets picked up by hubspot and goes into the correct deal, as that email is on the Hubspot system and connected to a deal. Well it does for me anyway.

To add... I also have mine setup so that when a new email comes in that I haven't dealt with before, Hubspot automatically adds a new contact for me.