Account & Settings

susan103

Removing signature from sequence emails that are part of thread

SOLVE

I'd like to remove my full signature from 2nd, 3rd, etc. emails in sequence threads.  My signature is not on the templates and I'm not able to delete when enrolling a new contact.   

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I'd like to remove my full signature from 2nd, 3rd, etc. emails in sequence threads. My signature is not on the templates and I'm not able to delete when enrolling a new contact.?

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Modifying select template 'signatures' is not HubSpot built in native functionality.

The solution to achieve your goal is to remove your default HubSpot signature, then add specific salutations to each template. (not pretty and not recommended, but it works)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Blonzao
Participant

SOLVE

Yeah, this is pretty huge. There's a great value in removing the junk clutter from Email logs.

It would make the whole customer/company history more accessible and clear.

charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

It also means that if you are trying to send a template that has a different signature built-in, you can't because sequences goeas ahead and adds your standard one on top of it. (Deleting your own signature would fix this but of course break everything else)

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yeah. Building email signatures into templates is NOT recommended. Pretty much limits the template's usefullness to everyone else in the orgainzation.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
charliepinker
Contributor

SOLVE

Not recommended but sometimes necessary in the case of needing to be able to have multiple signatures (that Hubspot doesn't support). Setting the template as private prevents it impacting others.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Multiple signatures -- excellent point. In fact, had to build a template around that need a few months ago. Fortunately, it was a marketing template so we could fully customize the functionality. No such solution for sales email templates though. 🙂

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I'd like to remove my full signature from 2nd, 3rd, etc. emails in sequence threads. My signature is not on the templates and I'm not able to delete when enrolling a new contact.?

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Modifying select template 'signatures' is not HubSpot built in native functionality.

The solution to achieve your goal is to remove your default HubSpot signature, then add specific salutations to each template. (not pretty and not recommended, but it works)

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ABoswell7
Participant

SOLVE

This is a rediculous work-around, and this problem needs a solution! Please let us backspace the signature. Or hit a little "X" to remove it when we want. I know HubSpot could easily add this feature...

FYI, a better work-around is to click to edit the signature within the email draft and backspace the signature contents, and click save without checking to apply the new signature to the account settings. 

Your very own templates end with a first-name-only salutation, and then my signature gets auto-populated below that. What kind of rediculous oversite is that?

Please fix this instead of just acknowledging that there is no solution to a silly and annoying problem that wastes my time just as much as constantly googling how to achieve unachievable tasks in HubSpot.

To be clear, what I (we) want is a way to uncheck adding the signature, either when creating the template, or from each email individually, please! 

Many thanks! 

Alex

ABoswell7
Participant

SOLVE

This is a rediculous work-around, and this problem needs a solution! Please let us backspace the signature. Or hit a little "X" to remove it when we want. I know HubSpot could easily add this feature...

FYI, a better work-around is to click to edit the signature within the email draft and backspace the signature contents, and click save without checking to apply the new signature to the account settings. 

Your very own templates end with a first-name-only salutation, and then my signature gets auto-populated below that. What kind of rediculous oversite is that?

Please fix this instead of just acknowledging that there is no solution to a silly and annoying problem that wastes my time just as much as constantly googling how to achieve unachievable tasks in HubSpot.

To be clear, what I (we) want is a way to uncheck adding the signature, either when creating the template, or from each email individually, please! 

Many thanks! 

Alex

PaulHub
Contributor

SOLVE

I couldn't agree more Alex, it's ridiculous. It's 2024 now and still we're struggling with an unwanted signature in a sequence of emails. 

0 Upvotes