Account & Settings

alapierre
Participant

Removing old Salesforce Users

we connected salesforce a few years ago however we no longer use this

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.07.37 AM.png

Hubspot support says "

Yeah, so in this case you need to go here https://app.hubspot.com/property-settings/ID/properties?type=0-1&search=owner

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.09.06 AM (2).png

That is settings, then "properties". There you can search for the "contact owner" property.

There you can hover over it and select "edit" and remove those owners.
https://app.hubspot.com/property-settings/ID/properties?type=0-1&search=owner&action=edit&property=h...

However, before doing that, you might want to assign all those contacts that have old owners, to owners that are active.

Then after changing the owners, you could remove the owners from the property, This will avoid errors in those contacts."

however when you go to edit property=hubspot_owner_id

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 3.14.11 PM.png

delete is all grayed out, you cant select or edit.

image-Nov-28-2022-06-42-52-8191-PM.png

9 Replies 9
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hey @alapierre 

To the best of my knowledge you can't edit contact owners in the property settings but would manage users via the "users & teams" settings. Here you can either deactivate a user or remove them from the account.

Usually I would check how many contacts and companies are assigned to a user. You can either built a workflow to reassign exisiting records or do bulk reassignments, it depends on the number of records and if the reassignment rules are simple or a bit more complex.

One important thing to keep in mind. Have you disconnected the Salesforce integration? If not, this might overwrite whatever changes you make in the owner assignments.

Hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
alapierre
Participant

• SFDC was removed & is no longer active on the account (since the year 2019)
  • those users are not in HS settings > "users & teams" 
0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@alapierre  This is likely happening due to two things: 

You do not have permission to edit properties in the account

AND/OR

This is still tied to the SFDC sync which means it's not editable on the HubSpot front-end, it would need to be edited in SFDC first.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

alapierre
Participant

hi

• I am an admin with full privileges 
alapierre
Participant

• I am an admin with full privileges 
CFischer9
Contributor

Have the same issue, has nothing been done about it since 2022? 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alapierre, and @CFischer9 I hope you are doing well.

If you're looking to remove salesforce users from the account, you would first need to remove them from any records and re-assign them to active HubSpot users and then you can clear them out by clicking remove salesforce owners on this page: https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/typeyour accountnumberhere/installed/salesforce/cleanup. 

Let me know if this works.

All the best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

CFischer9
Contributor

Hi Diana,

I have removed them from all companies, contacts, deleted all tasks etc, did a full on clean, yet still cannot remove them from the dropdowns... I have raised a ticket a while back, and couldn't be bothered after being asked to follow normal steps after having explained that I already have.

0 Upvotes
CFischer9
Contributor

The link takes me to the intergations I have, since I haven't got salesforce there i don't see what it should be useful for?

0 Upvotes