Account & Settings

cstaffordlena
Participant

Remove Deactivated Users from assignment options

SOLVE

We have been using the deactivate setting for employees who leave our organization to perserve historic records, etc. but it's annoying that they continue to show up in drop down lists for assigning tasks, companies, contacts, etc. If a user is deactivated, is there a way to hide them on that, or at least not have them be at the top of lists?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cstaffordlena,

If you want to remove all mentions and traces of a user in HubSpot, you would remove a user, not deactivate them.

The deactivation feature is meant to to preserve the user’s historical activities without losing access to important data.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
GMarks
Participant

SOLVE

I ran into this today as well, so I submitted an Idea as @karstenkoehler suggested. Here is the link to the Idea so you can upvote it if you like: HubSpot-Ideas/Remove-Deactivated-Users-from-assignment-options

I definitely don't want to erase all traces of my users if they recorded activity within HubSpot.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing your idea, @GMarks

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
gmanning
Participant

SOLVE

Who accepted this poor solution? Replying that Hubspot has inadequately programmed deactivated users is not a solution. It would be nice if Hubspot did some heavy lifting for a change and improved some of the huge oversights in features rather than making needless aesthetic improvements. My 2¢. 

VCheung
Contributor

SOLVE

I 100% agree, accepting a blanket statement of how the system works is not a solution. The question was not acctually addressed.

0 Upvotes
cstaffordlena
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestions, however I don't want to remove all mention/trace of deactivated users, however since they are no longer active I don't have any need to assign them tasks/contacts/etc. so there is no need for them to be in drop down selectors.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cstaffordlena,

Fully understand, however that's currently not possible in HubSpot. I cannot think of any workarounds either.

You could request that this be changed by the product team and publish a post in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cstaffordlena,

If you want to remove all mentions and traces of a user in HubSpot, you would remove a user, not deactivate them.

The deactivation feature is meant to to preserve the user’s historical activities without losing access to important data.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

jesslynne73
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this information, Karsten. What are best practices to prevent data loss when removing a user? For example, how can I make sure any important items created by the user are assigned to a new owner before removal?

0 Upvotes
MStephenson
Participant

SOLVE

This is not an acceptable solution. We should be able to have historical data on a user after they leave. Deleting them is a terrible option.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MStephenson,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would recommend using the deactivated user option as @karstenkoehler suggested if you would like to preserve historical data. This help article explains how to deactivate users. 

Thank you,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cstaffordlena ,

Yes, if the user is deactivated from your account but you still haven't removed it, it will keep showing in the drop-downs. The only way is to remove them from the account.

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.