Account & Settings

Sellerant
Participant | Platinum Partner

Record delete restrictions

SOLVE

CRM / Sales Pro user permissions set as View / Edit all records; bulk delete OFF.

Is there a setting that prohibits user from deleting any individual contact, company and/or deal ecord, whether owned or not?

If not, does anyone else need / want functionality to restrict record delete priveleges while allowing view / edit regardless of record owner? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sellerant,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sellerant,

HubSpot recently introduced a new set of permissions specifically for this. Admins can now create delete permissions by record type and user, separately from edit permissions (see the "Delete" column).

karstenkoehler_0-1623134391016.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! If you find this post useful, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>> Is there a setting that prohibits user from deleting any individual contact, company and/or deal ecord, whether owned or not?

No. Absolutely not.

Once owned, a HubSpot user has complete and unrestricted access to a given entity. (as they rightfully should)

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Sellerant

SOLVE

Thanks, Frank. 

Although I agree that contact ownership should include unrestricted access, there is absolutely a valid (and common) business case for the question. 

For example, in a sales role the user is a member of a larger sales team and may have to 'cover' for another sales rep (say, when the other rep is on vacation, out of of office etc.) and may have to make a call note or property update on a contact owned by the other rep.

In order to do that, they need edit rights to contact records owned by other user(s). If they have edit rights to records owned by others, then they theoretically have delete rights to that record as well. In a perfect world with perfect people, this would never pose a problem.

Again, your firm response is noted and the information is appreciated. Have a great weekend!

Kenan

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Wasn't questioning your use case. Simply answering how things work in HubSpot.

You'll find a separate Ideas forum for suggestions ...

Great weekend to you as well.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Sellerant

SOLVE

That's my next stop:)

Thanks again!