Account & Settings

LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Hi, Is anyone able to help me please?

Our customers cannot sign the quote out of HubSpot. We send the customer a copy of the link to their quote in their email response, the customer can click on the link and it takes them to their quote document, at the bottom there is a box that says ‘verify to sign’. They are able to click on this and it sends them an email from success@hubspot.com which then has another link advising them to ‘verify your identify and sign quote’. However when they are clicking on this box, it takes them back to the quote which has the box ‘verify to sign’ and seems to be taking them around in a loop and not being able to sign the quote. 

We have advised customers to clear their cookies and cache, we have asked them to open the link in an incognito windo and allowlist the hubspot email and they are still having the issue. They cannot sign the quote.

Can anyone help and is anyone having this issue too? (We pay for Sales Enterprise).

16 Replies 16
adsteen
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

We are having the same issue. A very substantial part of our leads has issues signing quotes and gets stuck at the verification step. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it's costing us deals.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Quote E-Signature Issues

Hi @adsteen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to apologize for the frustration, data issues, and business impact this has caused.

Just to clarify, the contact cannot verify or cannot sign the quote please?

Do you have a screenshot of what the contact is seeing? The error message they get?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Can you please try the following steps to see if this solves the issue:

- Verify the identity in an incognito window or a different browser
- Ensure that the browser is up to date with the latest version
- Try the verification on another device, in case there is a VPN or network issue that is causing this loop
- Disable any ad blockers in the browser if they have any installed

Also, on this article, it is stated that:
"If you do not receive the verification email in your email inbox, add success@hubspot.com to your allowlist.

Attempting to verify your signature multiple times within five minutes will result in an error. Verification emails will only send out once every five minutes."

If you are still running into this issue, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription, and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thanks!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
iraakers
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

We have the same issue and have dubbed it the DOOM LOOP. This must get fixed as it should be the easiest part of closing a deal. When this happens, it turns into the most difficult! Help!!! 

0 Upvotes
DFarr47

Quote E-Signature Issues

Check this thread where they actually closed replies (after a few of their people responded) @hubspot. It's absolutely embarrassing that you turned off comments when you can't give a reasonable fix to people who pay for your product. Do better. 

LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Thank you very much for this, it is very helpful. 🙂

0 Upvotes
SDueñas
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

What was Hubspot's resolution regarding your issue? Or what was your workaround?

0 Upvotes
ALangton
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

We have issues where clients are clicking to verify their identity but no email is triggered or reaches them. It would be good if the verify to sign emails came from our domain rather than HubSpot as it appears that the email is getting stuck in our customer's spam folders. 

0 Upvotes
SDueñas
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Did you ever get to resolve this issue? My colleagues at work cannot sign quotes just today

0 Upvotes
LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

We were also having this issue, you have to ask the customer to add success@hubspot.com to their Safe senders list and then they should be receiving the email. It is not professional or ideal at all. 

cicero
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Definitely a real issue since the change over to the Dropbox signature method. I've tested with a dummy quote and you have to follow the flow EXACTLY, which is a big ask IMO for a customer that generally knows nothing about how Quotes work in HubSpot.

If you cancel out of the signature page for any reason, even just close that window, you can't get another verification email (the verify to sign button does nothing), and the original verification email starts redirecting to the quote instead of the Dropbox sign page.

The only way out at this point seems to be spin up a new quote (or try 'recall & edit').

Old system was much more forgiving.

LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Thank you for this reply, this really has helped me be able to get customers to sign their quotes! I am finding not everyone is getting the Dropbox signature drop down, is this because their company has their pop up's blocked? Again I find this unprofessional asking the client to unblock their pop up's. I could ask them to allow pop up's for the quotes only however I know know what domain they need to allow, whether it is HubSpot or Dropbox. 

I am also getting customers advising they have signed the quote but it is not showing in HubSpot the qoute is signed. 

Overall very frustating. 

0 Upvotes
evans-stephen
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

We're experiencing this issue as well. The link from the verification email is directing back to the original quote, which continues to request for the customer to verify their identity.

LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Have you reported it to anyone or found a fix for it? I am glad I am not the only person having this issue. It is causing us big problems as an orgnisation who require signed Quotes. 

franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Quote E-Signature Issues

Hi @LFenton2 

The process as you have described is pretty much how it works.

However people shouldn't be taken back to the original quote link but rather an "e signature container" link that looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 16.34.44.png

By clicking the blue get started button or clicking into the signature field a signature field pops up which allows for a signature to be added. Maybe the default text is throwing people off. Frankly it is a bit oddly phrased as you would arrive here after having clicked the link in the email to verify your email/identity.

I also did a quick test just now and it seems that if you abort the actual signature process you will have to request a new verification email, as the clicking on the old verification link will just take you to the quote instead of the e signature container link.

I hope that helps

Frank

PS: If you keep having issues, definitely log a support ticket!!

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
LFenton2
Participant

Quote E-Signature Issues

Thanks Frank, I don't think our customers are receiving the blue 'Get Started' box, I will double check. I spoke to HubSpot on a chat recently and they advised to send them a HAR file of this issue occuring however I cannot replicate the issue on my computer when opening quotes, therefore I am waiting for a client who is willing to provide a HAR file so I can forward this on. Thanks Laura 

0 Upvotes