Put my employee with their own account instead of as a user--help!

AGELLC

Signed up for Hubspot about 10 minutes ago and have already messed it up!

I made my account as the business owner, and then signed up my sales person with an account thinking they would merge, and now I realize that I needed to add her as a user.

I tried to add her as a user and it is saying that her email address is already in use.  I tried to delete her account but it is still not working.

I figured I would mess this up at some point, but I didn't think I would mess it up so quickly!

3 Replies 3
AGELLC

Update:

I was able to figure it out.  What was happening was, when I went to create the user and first plugged in her email address, an alert would pop up saying she already had an account, and the next boxes (for her first and last name) would be grayed out and I could not use them.

What I did was plug in the name boxes first, then put in her email.  The alert still popped up, however I was able to hit the continue button with all fields entered.  She is now up and running, the only minor issue being that the now two accounts have merged, but I turned off the CRM for the mistake account, so she can't do anything in it anyway.  She just has to click on the right option when she logs into her account.  Pretty simple fix!

0 Upvotes
Keith-Endeavor

I have the same problem, but I am on the other side of this situation. I am the employee and have mistakenly set up a separate account instead of one under the company umbrella. Any advice on what to do? I was tryiing to delete my own account so I could simply re-start but cannot figure out how to do this.  

0 Upvotes
AGELLC

What I would do is get whoever is the admin of the account, get them to add you as a user.

This is tricky because when they go to put your email address in, it will gray out the other fields and a pop up will show saying that you already have an account.  So don't put the email in first.

I got around this by filling out the name fields FIRST, then filling out the email box.  They will get a pop up box saying that you already have an account, however they should be able to ignore the pop up and hit the "next" button and finish adding you as a user.

You will get an email stating that you have been added as a user.  Follow the instructions, but instead of creating an account, just log in with the user name and password that you used to set up your account.  

Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes