Account & Settings

Marco_RR
Teilnehmer/-in

Prevent users from removing company-contact associations

Hello communicty,

I have a bit of a struggle figuring out how I can prevent users from removing the association between the company they own and their contacts.

In my use case, the users need to be able to edit their contacts and companies, but ideally they'd not be able to modify any associations, as we're creating those via the API.

Any suggestions?

Thank you 🙂

P.S. we have a Sales Enterprise license, just in case this bit of information helps.

6 Antworten
LauGil
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Gold Partner

Hi team!

@DanielSanchez@zaklein@PamCotton is there any update on this one?

0 Upvotes
zaklein
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

Thanks for clarifying @Marco_RR.

Unfortunately, I don't see a solution for you based on your requirements and given the way setting HubSpot user permissions currently works. I could be wrong though 🤞

All the best,

Zach

Marco_RR
Teilnehmer/-in

hello both and thank you for jumping in.

@zakleinin my use case,  the HubSpot users do own the all the companies (at this needs to stay this way). At the moment they also own the contacts, but this is negotiable. In fact, I had tried removing contacts from the users, hoping that this solution would do the trick, but it didn't.

For the sake of extended context, the HubSpot users in my use case always look at companies first and then check the contacts.
Both companies and contacts are created & modified via the API through a daily upload. Therefore the association between companies and contacts is pushed to the CRM from our internal database. In addition to this, for each company they own, users can create new contacts and associate them with the companies. However, what they should not be able to do, is removing the association that comes from our database.

Let me know if more clarifications about this specific use case are needed,

Thank you 🙂
Marco

0 Upvotes
zaklein

Hi @Marco_RR 

I'd just like to clarify something before trying to help out --> in your use case, do the HubSpot Users own all the Company records and Contact records in question?

Thanks,

Zach

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hello, @Marco_RR Happy Inbound week!

I wanted to add a few top experts to share their thoughts @DanielSanchez @zaklein any suggestions to @Marco_RR  matter?

Thank you ,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ChrisChiha
Stratege/Strategin

Hello,

Was this solved?
I have a similar issue where we need to restrict users from creating/removing associations between objects

0 Upvotes