Account & Settings

PPlant4
Participant

Possible to require a permission set when creating a new user?

SOLVE

Kind of an odd question, but can we require a role to be assigned to every new user added? If not require, then perhaps a workflow to notify all Super Admin users with an email that a user is misconfigured without a required role assigned? I've looked in workflows and didn't see a way to trigger a notification when a new user is created or in reports a way to track users so we can see who may be missing a permission set. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PPlant4,

This is unfortunately not possible - neither required permission sets, nor user-based workflows. I agree however that both would be useful and you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

As far as a solution goes, I'd recommend taking away the permission to add users from those people who you don't trust to assign a permission set. User creation should be something that only admins have the permission to and you could brief this small circle to pay attention to select permission sets.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PPlant4
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the help, I assumed that was the case but figured I'd ask. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PPlant4,

This is unfortunately not possible - neither required permission sets, nor user-based workflows. I agree however that both would be useful and you could request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

As far as a solution goes, I'd recommend taking away the permission to add users from those people who you don't trust to assign a permission set. User creation should be something that only admins have the permission to and you could brief this small circle to pay attention to select permission sets.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.