Outlook crashing when using plug-in track emails

lisat2m
Top Contributor

Why does Outlook crash when using the plug-in and check track emails? We are having major issues with this as well as when it is working it's not logging the emails into CRM. Please help!

8 Replies 8
Giuseppe
Contributor

@lisat2m

the same happens to me but apparently there is no solution. I have chased the Support for months and they told me there must be something wrong with my Outlook (:-.

My way to work around is to flag 'track email' and 'Log into CRM' for each single email that you want to track and log (when you compose a new email or when you are replying to an email you have received).

In the alternative, once you check 'track email' and 'Log into CRM' and Outlook crashes, let it crash and then relaunch Outlook. in this way you will note that both 'Track email' and 'Log into CRM' are flagged and you can start from there. 

Again this is my personal workaround that works with my Outlook but I admit it is very disrupting.

Giuseppe

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

We have been using the BCC to track into CRM and that seems to work. We are going to try to relaunch Outlook and plug-in using a different browser. I'm hoping that will work

0 Upvotes
Giuseppe
Contributor

Do you mean that you are considering to download the plug-in with a different browser? Would you be so kind to let me know what other browser you are going to use?

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

Try Microsoft Edge or Chrome...but we found a patch that is working

In short, the recommended steps to resolve this issue are the following:

1. Paste the following filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\
2. Remove all files in the folder that opens up
3. Uninstall Sidekick (if you see two versions of the HubSpot Email add-in in your programs folder, please delete them both): http://sales.hubspot.com/knowledge/sidekick-getting-started/article/how-do-i-uninstall-sidekick
4. Reinstall the HubSpot add-in with this link: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download

0 Upvotes
Giuseppe
Contributor

Hi @lisat2m,

will do once more but the process you described is something that I have already done few times (even with the assistance of the Support).

Thanks a lot

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

The patch described worked for our user; try it using Microsoft Edge or Chrome and see if that helps. I know it's so frustrating!

0 Upvotes
Giuseppe
Contributor

@lisat2m is the extension only from Chrome? However I did it with Chrome, but will try with Edge.

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys - I thought I'd add the below documentation as it might be helfpul. It contains information on which versions of IE/Edge HubSpot supports as well as how you can upgrade your current version. 

Which browsers are supported by HubSpot?

0 Upvotes