Account & Settings

joetl

Notifications going to wrong email address

SOLVE

Due to the problem of Outlook quarantining registration emails, I was advised to set up an account (call it Account A) for Hubspot Marketing using my personal hotmail address, and then change this to my company outlook address once I had confirmed my registration.

I did this, however, email notifications are still going to my hotmail address.

If I go to settings>security, my company outlook email address is correctly showing. I can't see anywhere that my personal hotmail address is in use.

I did add a second account  (call it Account B) on this login, for a different website. Emails from Account B are correctly going to my company outlook email address.

After setting up these two accounts, but before realising the problem with emails going to the wrong address, I set up another completely separate account (call it Account C) for hubspot academy, using my personal hotmail address. This account is for personal use so I want to keep this on my personal hotmail address.

The email notifications which are wrongly going to my personal hotmail address do indicate that they relate to Account A. They are definitely not related to Account C.

How can I fix this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
joetl
Solution

SOLVE

After turning off all email notifications to save my personal inbox from being overwhelmed, the emails still kept arriving.

I finally found a separate email setting in Marketing>Forms>Non-Hubspot Forms that had retained the original hotmail address rather than update to the outlook address when I changed the email associated with my profile.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
joetl
Solution

SOLVE

After turning off all email notifications to save my personal inbox from being overwhelmed, the emails still kept arriving.

I finally found a separate email setting in Marketing>Forms>Non-Hubspot Forms that had retained the original hotmail address rather than update to the outlook address when I changed the email associated with my profile.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @joetl,

I am glad you were able to resolve this matter; thank you for sharing your solution!

Best,
Jenny

0 Upvotes