Account & Settings

Baduist

Newsletter responses into leads / tickets automation?

SOLVE

Hello,

We have a newsletter going oput daily to 100,000 subscribers, and we're getting a lot of responses every day, which we're getting into a gmail inbox.

Some of the responses are potential leads inquring about product and should be directed to the sales team.

Some of these are customers who need Customer Support. 

And a lot are just general responses ("great content, thanks", etc) or written unsbscribe requests.

We're currently using the Gmail extention to manually sift through the emails, but adding them to Hubspot seem to require a response. 

Is there a way to somehow autlmatically (or at least manually but without responding)  tag conversations, and assign the relevant to the right team (sales/support)?

Clearly, I'm not expecting Hubspot to understand the email's content, but I'm hoping there are a couple of approaches or best practices for this scenario I din't think about?

One idea I had was to have an autoresponder that will allow the sender to tag their own email, something like "Do you need to talk to sales/CS" with 2-3 links, that will create a contact, a task and assign to the right team.

Is that possible? Any other ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Baduist,

You're in luck, HubSpot has a feature exactly for that 😉

This feature is part of the Service Hub and called conversations inbox. Thea are a tool to streamline and centralize communication with your contacts. You can connect different channels to the inbox, then view, reply, and manage all ongoing conversations in one place. In your case the channel would the email address that is being used as the from address of your marketing newsletter.

Once you've connected this marketing newsletter from email address, you can track and see replies to the newsletter in your conversations inbox. Depending on your subscription, you could even apply some automation (see section "Using reply data in lists and workflows") or automatically assign these conversations to certain users. Regardless of the subscription, you'll be able to manually triage unassigned conversations.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Baduist

SOLVE

Thanks, @Anonymous ! 

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to track replies if my newsletter is sent from a different newsletter software (i.e. not Hubspot)? I'm asking because following the first step in the Tracking Emails guide sends me to Marketing->Email which asks that I add a module.

2. In the Routing settings, I only see the option to automatically assign a conversation to a user/team or the contact owner. Is there a more advanced way to assign the conversations? 

3. Is it possible to create an autoresponder that will allow the customer to assign the conversation as my first message describes? (The last paragraph in my origial post)

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Baduist,

You're in luck, HubSpot has a feature exactly for that 😉

This feature is part of the Service Hub and called conversations inbox. Thea are a tool to streamline and centralize communication with your contacts. You can connect different channels to the inbox, then view, reply, and manage all ongoing conversations in one place. In your case the channel would the email address that is being used as the from address of your marketing newsletter.

Once you've connected this marketing newsletter from email address, you can track and see replies to the newsletter in your conversations inbox. Depending on your subscription, you could even apply some automation (see section "Using reply data in lists and workflows") or automatically assign these conversations to certain users. Regardless of the subscription, you'll be able to manually triage unassigned conversations.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.