New user not receiving welcome email: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Highlighted
Community Manager

If you are adding users to your portal and they are not receiving the welcome email in their inbox, please ensure you follow the steps outlined below before posting: 

1. Check junk/spam folders

2. Verify the email address spelling is correct

3. Follow the steps outlined in this article

These steps include: 

Allowlisting the following email addresses: 

Allowlisting IP addresses (see in article

4. Resend the invitation 

You can do this within your portal by navigating into settings>users & teams>search for the specific user who has the pending invitation and resend the email. 

If you are still stuck after following those steps, please share: 

1. Email address of the user

2. Portal you are trying to add the user to

3. Confirm where in the process the user is getting stuck

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
24 Replies 24
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have the same issue with adding jim.gilbert to the crm, sales & marketing hub. The invite doesn't arrive to his mailbox.
I tried allowlisting as well but it doesn't work, could you check what happened?

Benjamin

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @WTBurgess,

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please direct message me the information requested above? 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I have the same issue:

I have set up four users already, three using the godaddy email that I have created for them as new users for a new company.  Now the fifth user - also on the same godaddy email domain - has been setup, but no invite email recieved. 

FYI: so far I have - 

Deleted and recreated the user account in hubspot

Checked deleted and spam folders in the outlook.com client

Added the five hubspot smail addresses as recommended into the allowlist

I have not been able to add the IP as I don't see a way to get to that level from within the outlook.com client.

Given that for three other users set up this way (same hubspot, same email domain) all have been fine, I am finding it hard to see what would be different in this case.

Any Ideas?

Ken

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @kenhickling62,

I have reached out to you directly with next steps.

Thank you,

Jenny

Highlighted

Hi i have done all the above allowlisted and checked my e-mails but hes still not recieved an email with his invitation.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @guyricha,

Can you please direct message me the email address for the user you are having issues with?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

I am having the same issues --- I am adding a new member and they are not receiving the email invite to joing our hubspot profile. Checked their spam etc. No luck.

Can you assist?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Pasquars36,

Can you please direct message me the email address in question and I can investigate this further? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Also struggling with this - the MX records were not set up correctly when I first sent the invite so I think it may have created a blockage for a new invite to get through

Have tried all recommended fixes - could you please look at the account 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @seleleospencer 

I was able to resend you the invitation to join the account, please check your inbox for the email and you should be all set.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

My invite email to add team/users is asking for them for an investment website and company, when team members or users are opening their invite email. Is there a investment website and/or company name I should be giving them, in order for them to except the invite?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @YoungLinwood,

By 'investment website' do you mean website domain? While your account does need to be associated with a website domain, this doesn't need to be a specific type of domain. 

If you are still looking for assistance with this matter, can you please share a screenshot of where your users are getting stuck? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, 

Our sales team's email address is not receiving a hubspot invitation. The email address is zerohero@freestar.co and the account is Freestar Drinks. I am the Super Admin (Charlie Crawley). I have allowlisted the IP addresses and resent the invite numerous times but it hasn't worked. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @charliecrawley 

I was checking in our systems and it seems the inbox doesn't exist. Could you please make sure this is created already?

Thanks

Sharon 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hey @sharonlicari   

I work with Charlie and picking this up for Freestar Drinks 6841257. 

I've now created an account for zerhero@freestar.co and the confirmation email for creating the account has not come through either. Can you help? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @felixvonhurter 

I can't see anything with the second email, could you please try again with the first email that @charliecrawley advised?

Thanks

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry @sharonlicari that was a typo. I have created an account with zerohero@freestar.co but to complete the creation of the account it sends a confirmation email - which i have not received. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@sharonlicari would love love love your help on this as it's holding up our sales people being able to join our hubspot team and we really love Hubspot

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @felixvonhurter ,

Looking at the example provided I was able to see that the email was bounced, and with that reason unable to receive your invitation emails, I just resent a resubscription email to your email so you can continue setting up your account. After that, I believe you should be all set.

Kindly,

Pam

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

nice one - all good now

Highlighted
Visitor

1. Cvargas@micro-bac.com

2. Micro-Bac International 7946840

3. No Invite is being sent out

I believe the user was invited to join hubspot prior to their email being officially setup. could it be a hardbounce on Hubspots side?

I am still having trouble, I have ran through all these steps, all other sales persons received their invite just fine, I have one person who has not and it hasn't come in still.

I go to the "User and Teams" tab and type in his email ( have tried copy-pasting the email and have pulled the email directly from emails sent by this individual). I click create users or Resent notice and nothing happens...

The email is not sending, it worked for all other salespersons in the past. Nothing in our process has changed, we are just not receiving the email. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @BradenGilbert 

Apologies for the delayed answer! could you please advise if you still having this issue?

Thanks

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello!  I am trying to send an invitation to jen@wonderlysoftware.com and it is not going through.  We have checked all the spam folders.  I think the problem might be that the invite tried to send before she finished activating the email address.  She has activated the email address now, but still no luck when I try to re-send the invitation.   The account is 8705389.

I have also tried to remove and then re-add to no avail.  Would it be possible for you to investigate further?  I am setting her up under Settings->Users and Team. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @amberchristian 

I've checked on our systems and everything seems to be ok from our side. We got the following response from your email provider: 250 2.0.0 OK n24si2664838qkh.17 - gsmtp

It seems to be in your email provided security filters. In order to avoid this in the future, I'll recommend reaching out to your IT team in order to add noreply@hubspot.com to your email server allowlist, as explained here.

I hope this helps

Best
Sharon