New User is not receiving invitation email

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have set up many users on our account but kpayne@safe2save.org invitation email is not getting through. We have checked **bleep** and did not find anything either. I've tried resending the invite several times as well. Any ideas?

18 Replies
Community Manager

Hey @Spfeffer it appears that your email address had hard bounced. Can you try again? I just unbounced your contact on HubSpot's database. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Yay it worked! Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm having the same issues with these 2 emails: sales@visionresearchgroup.co.uk and info@visionresearchgroup.co.uk. Could you please help me, so that they receive the invitation to join our team. 
Thank you

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @VRGroup,

It looks like HubSpot isn't able to connect with that domain. I am seeing a 550 error message saying "The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries."

I would recommend beginning by following these steps. Do you have any users from that domain who are successfully connected? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,
No, unfortunately, we don't have any users with that domain on our account yet - we opened an account with a Gmail (before we set the emails on our hosting server). 
We have manually whitelisted all the addresses listed in the article, and it still didn't help. 

DNS is set properly since emails from other domains come in normally, and there is not a chance, we could be blacklisted because the emails were just set up and haven't been used (none of the emails on this domain was ever used).

Do you maybe have any other suggestions, what we could do?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @VRGroup,

If the email addresses are set up now, then I would recommend resending them the invite emails now to see if they are able to connect now. 

If not, please let me know.

Thanks, 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,
They were set before we send the invite the first time.
In other words: none of the solutions works, that's why I asked for any additional things we could try.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @VRGroup,

It looks like the dns records are still showing as disconnected (see here). I would recommend partnering with your IT team to make sure your inbox is fully set up and then we can see what the next best steps are.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny, 
Our IT team is saying: "Our emails are fully set up, and we are receiving all of the emails normally. The problem is on Hubspot side: sender and recipient email IP are the same."
I am attaching the print screen.1536932361.png
We also did one test: we have opened a HubSpot account with another email from the same domain (support@visionresearchgroup.co.uk), that is using identical settings, and we have successfully received the confirmation email. 
So the problem is 
apparently limited to adding users to existing account).

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @VRGroup,

Thank you for the additional information! In order for me to undertand the best next steps, can you/your IT team confirm where you are seeing that you do have MX records? I am still seeing missing DNS records on my end, and while I understand that you were able to connect to a different portal, I want to ensure you're set up with the original users in the original portal. 

Thanks, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Just letting you know, that fixing this issues helped and that we have now successfully received invites to the emails.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Community Manager

Hi @VRGroup,

Thanks for the update and glad your team is now all up and running!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi, I think my colleague also have the same problem, would you mind helping? His email is jose.cruz@institutionalinvestor.com

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @jaybert09,

I am not seeing anything intefering with that user receiving emails from HubSpot.

If they are still not seeing HubSpot emails in their inbox, I would recommend starting by looking at this resource.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi - Can you unbounce mary@trovatrip.com, doesn't appear to be sending, thanks!

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @trovanick,

It looks like HubSpot is not able to find an inbox associated with that user. Can you please begin by following the steps outlined here.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi - Yes, I have whitlisted the emails and connected her inbox. We haven't run into this problem before, but for some reason the invite email is still not reaching her inbox. Any other ideas?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @trovanick,

I am seeing two emails successfully delivered to this inbox this morning. 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes