New User Link not working

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Im adding an additional user to my hubspot account, i use the free version. the invite email goes through fine but when you click on the link, its says the URL isnt working

tried going through to reset password and have resent email invite 3 times. 

Tried using firefox browser and google chrome browser

Any advice? trying to get a new inside sales rep started asap

18 Replies 18
Highlighted
Resident Expert

@Carolyn_Engle I have experienced things like this when I was using an alias email rather than the actual email.  Can you check on this?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

its his normal email address. im not sure whta an alias email would be. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Carolyn_Engle,

To@gelflex-cc 's point, an alias email address (as defined by GoDaddy) "is a way to disguise another...email address. Everything sent to an alias email address is actually received in the primary email account's inbox. You can create multiple aliases for the same email account."

I would recommend trying to open the link in an incognito window, and also confirming the user is opening the most recent email, as the links are only valid in the most recent email. 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better we can assist! 

Thank you,
Jenny

cc @roisinkirby 

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

so far, we have resent the link 3 times, using the most recent version. 

we have update forefox to the most recent update, still getting the following screens

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Carolyn_Engle,

I don't think he'd be able to reset his password if he has never logged in, as he wouldn't have set up a password yet.

Can you please share the URL that he is getting directed to when clicking the invitation email? Additionally, I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies as updating your browser will not do this, and if there is something stored in the browser's history causing the problem, going through this step will be necessary. 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you @Carolyn_Engle  - can you confirm if browser cache and cookies have also been cleared?

This link is to a password reset page, if your user has never logged in this isn't the right link to access. Can you confirm if they received a welcome email when they were first added to the portal?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

i cleared the cookies and cache from his browser. 

a welcome email is received and they click on the link supplied but it takes them to that page. 

i have resent the invitaion several times now, so im not sure if that is causing the issue?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Carolyn_Engle  can you please send the following details

1. Your HUB ID (find this here)

2. The email address of the user you are trying to add

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @CA before receiving these password reset emails, your colleague should have received an email welcoming them to your account and prompting them to set their HubSpot password.

The email would have been from noreply@hubspot.com and would have looked similar to the image below (using a different name / HUB ID). 

If your colleague didn't receive a welcome email within five minutes of being added to your account, ask them to check their Junk/SPAM folder.

Can you please confirm if they can find this email and what page they are taken to when they click Log In?

Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 11.55.49.png

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

he did receive the welcome email and when he clicked that link it took him the the page saying the URL was bad

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

he couldnt login from clicking the link to join

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Carolyn_Engle  could you please ask your colleague to visit this link (https://app.hubspot.com/login/forgot) and enter his password?

Thanks for your patience thus far on this!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

we tried that and it said there was no password set up @roisinkirby 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Carolyn_Engle,

I reached out to you directly with next steps.

Thank you
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda @JordanAmes - all of my students are experiencing the same exact thing as this. Same error message/image from the initial invitation. Please send me the instructions on how to address it. agarfield@post.edu

HubSpot suggestion: Mention welcome link only works for 24 hours within the Getting Started page so that educators can nudge the students to get it done. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

So I was able to resolve this for my student by deleting them as a user and then readding them. I also asked the student to be sure they were using chrome and to clear cookies/cache.