Account & Settings

ptbandeira

Need to change my account email address

SOLVE

Hi,

I'd like the primary email on my account to be changed from pedrobandeira@me.com to pedro@treproduct.com. Can you help?

Thanks!

Pedro

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ptbandeira You can create a new user using your work address. When you create the new user, you can assign Super Admin access. This is the same as ownership of the whole HubSpot account. Once the new Super Admin user is confirmed and set up, you can log in as that user and delete the user with your personal email address. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ptbandeira  At this time it is not possible to change a user's email. Instead, you will need to create a new user account and work from that account moving forward. If you own any contacts/companies/deals under the previous user, you will need to transfer ownership to the new user. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
ptbandeira

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

this means, if I create a new user, export all my contacts, and give permissions and set it as a new super user, I can then delete the previous one I was using? will ownership of the account bellong to the new user I created?

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ptbandeira  If a contact is associated with a company (account) and you change the ownership of the contact, ownership of the company will change also to the same owner of the associated contact. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
ptbandeira

SOLVE

Thanks Ed,

My question was not completely clear. 

If I create a new user, owning all of my present contacts, and then I delete the user I've been using so far, who will be the new owner of the Hubspot account?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ptbandeira    Ownership of a contact is not required in HubSpot.  A contact/company/deal can only have one owner at a time, or, no owner at all. If you remove a user that owns contacts without previously changing the owner of that contact, the contact will remain ownerless until you assign a new owner.

Does this make sense? 

Ed  

0 Upvotes
ptbandeira

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Thank you once more for the reply.

My question is not just about contact ownership, but the hubspot account ownership. Right now I'm the one who created the account. If I delete my user can I assign it to a new one? (me but, with my company email, instead of the private one I'm using right now)

Thanks

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @ptbandeira You can create a new user using your work address. When you create the new user, you can assign Super Admin access. This is the same as ownership of the whole HubSpot account. Once the new Super Admin user is confirmed and set up, you can log in as that user and delete the user with your personal email address. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes