Account & Settings

PaulAmplified

Multiple Email Read Receipts

SOLVE

Hi - I'm sending emails via my contacts in the free Sales tool and for certain users I am receiving multiple notifications that they have opened the email. Sometimes this is exceeding a dozen instances. It is only happening to certain contacts.

Is this a fault, or has the user forwarded the email with each new notification an instance of it being opened by another person?

Many thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @PaulAmplified  You are correct. The message was either forwarded, or you copy-and-pasted a previously tracked message. Find out more about multiple email notifications here. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @PaulAmplified  You are correct. The message was either forwarded, or you copy-and-pasted a previously tracked message. Find out more about multiple email notifications here. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
PaulAmplified

SOLVE

Thanks @edjusten!

0 Upvotes