Merging two accounts

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

We're having an issue where we have two (sub)accounts, both with different domains, one of them being correct.  
One account has all our marketing efforts, the other sales and deals (with Gmail integration).  We want to merge the two, but I was wondering what the best way to go about it is, and what the potential implications are.  

Route 1: Can I change the domain of one account, and are there any important implications by doing so? (And then export our marketing efforts/lists). 
Route 2: Should I use the account with the correct domain and can I safely export and import all Gmail history, deals and contact details from our sales dept? 

Any advice is much appreciated. 

4 Replies 4
Esteemed Advisor

@Emmeliek Please be more specific. Do you have two separate Hubids for these domains? What is your subscription level?  

It is not my understanding that historical activity downloads.  It looks like you would lose the email history detail. 

Occasional Contributor

Apologies, and thanks for your response. Let me clarify: 

Yes, two separate Hub-IDs and at the moment we only have the free marketing/sales/service tools. We are currently experimenting and setting everything up.

Do you know if changing a domain from an account (one Hub-ID) is relatively low impact? We don't have much integration with our websites set up just yet, so I'm hoping it's fine. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@Emmeliek 

It is not my understanding that two HubIds can be "merged", at least it was not when I wanted to do it about 2  years ago.  They are separate and private.

I am not sure what will happen when you change the domain name for the one that is wrong.  I believe I had a previous position my own hubid and then there was a company one and that would be the same domain name. 

My gut says back up both accounts and save the backups. Then download the marketing complete file. Then I would try a small test to see what happens. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your input, backing up sounds like a good suggestion either way Smiley Happy

I'll continue to look for more answers on the ramifications for domain change when no website integrations are set up, to be sure. 

0 Upvotes