Account & Settings

Membro

Lost Control of HubSpot Account - Can't Set-up New Account

resolver

I set-up HubSpot as a project tracking tool at my employer. There was another employee I set-up as a user to track their projects as well. My personal email is associated with the account for recovery/security when I set-up the account using my work email.

As of last Friday I am no longer employed at that company and no longer have access to that HubSpot account. I don't want to delete that account so the other employee can continue tracking their projects - and to aid in my customer's hand-off to remaining employees.

My problem is setting up a new HubSpot account that I'll use as my job-hunt project tracking. I cannot set-up a new account as my email address is still associated with the old account.

How do I get around this block? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
LNewey
Solução
Membro

resolver

I'm the OP - Problem solved. I deleted the previous account under my personal email address and am now setting-up a new portal for my job-hunt tracking.  

Not sure why I had to go through these extra steps as the HubSpot portal for my previous employer was set-up using my work email address.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @00842,

Generally, one email address can be used to access multiple HubSpot portals, see here. That shouldn't be an issue.

There might be something I'm not thinking off. Could you share the error message you're seeing when trying to setup your new account?

One fix might then be to log in one last time into the old account and invite other users to that old portal. (This is free.) If you invite them and assign them a super admin role, they can then delete your user profile. (Again, theoretically this shouldn't be an issue, I have a whole bunch of HubSpot portals under the same email address, so I'd really be interested in the error message.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LNewey
Solução
Membro

resolver

I'm the OP - Problem solved. I deleted the previous account under my personal email address and am now setting-up a new portal for my job-hunt tracking.  

Not sure why I had to go through these extra steps as the HubSpot portal for my previous employer was set-up using my work email address.

0 Avaliação positiva