Account & Settings

karpf
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

+++ Link specific e-mails to specific deals +++

SOLVE

Hi, 

we have an issue with several of our customers. They have several different deals with a specific customer and all mails are always linked to all the deals with on customer (contact and company). If you have 10s and 100s of deals with the customer, you loose the overview. Is there any easy functionality, to define how e-mails are connected to deals only (depending to a specific rule) and not to all deals of one customer? Any workaround available? Any upcoming features on the roadmap?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karpf,

The resource Jenny shares is really helpfull I think, since it let's the user select the acitivities happening around the time the deal is created.

Adding Deal info manually could be anothor option. That does require some training of the sales reps owning the deals. A hack we often use is emailing only relevant info into the account via the BCC option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

That makes is easier to select upfront which info is linked to the contact and/or company. This still requires some manual actions to provide the deal with info, but this should be less work because you already put select information in there.

You could also create some custom Deal properties that the reps have to fill in and keep up to date whenever they create a deal.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Smiley Very Happy Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We have developed a solution to try and solve this by including a specific # that will then associate emails to a specific deal when the same customer is involved. This is still in beta and you can find out more here.  

0 Upvotes
Soren_PPS

SOLVE

Although not ideal, this could definately work, but am I correct in assuming that this requires purchasing a license for Threads to implement this functionality?

Best regards, 

Soren

0 Upvotes
Soren_PPS

SOLVE

I have the same problem, several Deals with the same contacts, but no way to decide which deal an e-mail is associated with. We have recently migrated from SugarCRM where the Outlook plugin searches for relevant links based on the contact e-mails, and lets the user choose which deals to file the e-mail under before syncing....

BR Soren 

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @karpf,

The resource Jenny shares is really helpfull I think, since it let's the user select the acitivities happening around the time the deal is created.

Adding Deal info manually could be anothor option. That does require some training of the sales reps owning the deals. A hack we often use is emailing only relevant info into the account via the BCC option: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

That makes is easier to select upfront which info is linked to the contact and/or company. This still requires some manual actions to provide the deal with info, but this should be less work because you already put select information in there.

You could also create some custom Deal properties that the reps have to fill in and keep up to date whenever they create a deal.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Smiley Very Happy Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karpf,

I wanted to share this resource which walks through the default rules for how activities log to associated records.

@ElyshaShave@Krystina@Phil_DM2@Nynke_HM do you have any suggestions for how to handle this type of data management and associations? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes