Account & Settings

LLuik
Participant

Line items 'Billing Start Date' property

Hello! 

Does anyone know how I can a) change the wording of the property 'Billing Start Date' & b) if it is possible to remove the option 'At Paymet'.

LLuik_0-1669750176441.png

Thanks so so much in advance!! 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MShah2022
Participant

Hi,

I have a similar issue but the solution doesn't work for me. When I made edits on the global terms for Billing start date, HubSpot completely removed the option for Sales to be able to actually edit the dates. So in removing the At payment option, I have now ended up making the property uneditable for Sales. Am I doing something wrong? 

MShah2022_0-1698846342659.png

Best,

Manasi

0 Upvotes
SMcGoldrick
Contributor

I was looking into something similar involving the Billing Start Date property but there is no Edit Global Terms button in our Line Item Editor to select and cannot locate anywhere in our Settings?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SMcGoldrick,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I wanted to refer you to this help article regarding updating terms for line items. 

The "Edit Global Terms" button can be found at the Line Item step of the quote editor.

Here's a screenshot from my account for your reference: 

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 8.55.50 AM.png

Could you open up a quote in your account and see if you have the global terms options under Line Items?

Thank you! 

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LLuik,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to refer you to this help article regarding updating terms for line items. 

It's currently not possible to modify the wording for the billing start date, however, you can modify the columns on a quote (i.e. remove the billing start date) by clicking on "Edit Columns" at the Line Items step. Please see screenshot below: 

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.54.29 PM.png

To remove the "At Payment" option, click on "Edit Global Terms" and update the "At Payment" option to "Custom". With the custom option, you can choose a custom date for the "Billing Starting Date". 

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.56.53 PM.png

If you would like more customization options for quotes, you may want to explore the custom quote templates feature which is available for Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise Users.  

Hope this helps 🙂 

Best,

Kristen

LLuik
Participant

Hello Kristen, 

That helps a lot - thank you for sharing. 

Not sure if this is possible but do you know if I could remove the 'At-Payment' option entirely?

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LLuik,

You're very welcome!

It looks like it's not possible to remove the 'At-Payment' option entirely since it's a default option. You could however set the Global Terms to Custom so the 'At-Payment' option no longer appears in the line item step 🙂

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes