Limiting Users to view Contacts Only

New Contributor

Hi, were new to using Hubspot and not all of our team are "sales people" and as such we'd like to limit what they can view in Hubspot to just CONTACTS.  This is so they have the relevant details for our clients and suppliers when they need to get in touch.  They don't need any knowledge of our sales pipeline.

I've looked at setting contacts to "owned" however this limits their visibility of clients details.  

Is there a way to limit their access to just the Contacts?

Thanks in advance for the assistance! 

4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hey @marsden at this time it is not possible to customize HubSpot roles/permissions and views to this extent. A full break down of what you can allow and restrict is broken down here: HubSpot User Roles Guide

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Are there any plans to implement this?  We have a team of 4 sales people who need to be able to view all the sales related data.  The rest of our office need to access hubspot to reference and update contact info purposes only.  We dont want them to have the ability to view or report on the size of the sales pipe or indeed which sales people are performing best or what they each have in thier pipe.  

Its almost like we need to be able to say one set of people have access to hubspot sales and another set of people have access to hubspotcrm whcih all reads form the same pool of data.

To me this is a very crictal feature and I woudl like to know when this is planned for.  In the interim we have modified the sales dashboard to just show non sales widgets but some users ahve already been digging and one has even come to aksing if they shoudl be able to see the data..  Help!

Community Manager

Hey @duncanf the current set of HubSpot user roles and permissions are designed to accomdate the scope of users who work with HubSpot and their business needs.

In this case I would reccommend that you search, vote for or post this as a feature request on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Please include as much detail as possible so our Product Teams can best understand your use case. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
Yes I agree this is critical!!
0 Upvotes