Account & Settings

MKainu
Participant

Is There a Way to Create Team Permissions?

SOLVE

Hi all!

I'm still fairly new at HubSpot and am still in the learning process of how everything all trickles down for Users and Permissions. 

I'm curious to know if there is a way to create Permissions by Team versus by User? This would save a ton of time if a Team could have pre-determined Permissions and each new incoming User could then be assigned to the Team and those pre-set Permissions.

I've been searching around online and in the communities but haven't come across this feature as of yet and was curious to know if it even exists or if I'm just missing it?

Thank you!

2 Accepted solutions
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MKainu 

The only way I am aware of is the so called permission sets. These are only available with Enterprise subscriptions. The feature was called "roles" in the past and essentially allows you to create a template of specific permissions and then simply assign it to a user or group of users, i.e. Marketing Staff, Sales Rep, Sales Manager, etc.

Maybe @danmoyle or @karstenkoehler are aware of another way, but to the best of my knowledge what you are after only works with an Enterprise subscription.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MKainu. You can create permission sets (naming them as teams for user access) as Frank mentioned. You can also create teams in HubSpot and limit access in specific tools/content assets by team.  So it's a mix of HubSpot hacks for you. I also found this thread where Karsten has a similar answer.

Thanks for the tag @franksteiner79 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MKainu. You can create permission sets (naming them as teams for user access) as Frank mentioned. You can also create teams in HubSpot and limit access in specific tools/content assets by team.  So it's a mix of HubSpot hacks for you. I also found this thread where Karsten has a similar answer.

Thanks for the tag @franksteiner79 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
dorecchio
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi Dan, I would like to create permission sets first and then associate a permission set to a team. Currently, from what I can tell, you cannot assign a permission set to a team. You have to assign permission sets to people. I looked online and in the tool and could not locate the way to do this. 

I would ask Hubspot to create this option. 

- Dave

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

Hi @dorecchio. With an Enterprise tier account, you can create and edit (and assign) permission sets to individuals and teams both. Is that solving for what you're asking? 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
dorecchio

SOLVE

Hi @Dan No that is not the use case. I have created permission sets. I then created teams with groups of users in them. I was hoping that in the team settings I could associate a team with a permission set so that I would not have to edit each user and set permission sets by user. This is an enterprise user. 

I checked with Hubspot support today and they confirmed what I am asking for is not currently possible. If this account had hundreds of users, the feature I am suggesting would be very helpful. I cannot imagine trying to keep track of permissions on hundreds of users.

Please add this to the feature request list. 

danmoyle

SOLVE

Gotcha @dorecchio. It's definitely a different way of thinking of permissions than how HubSpot operates, yes. You'd be the best person to describe what you're looking for, so may I suggest adding this as an idea here? The HubSpot product teams monitor the ideas forum and implement some as they improve the tool. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
dorecchio

SOLVE

Hi @Dan I added it to this post in the ideas forum

danmoyle

SOLVE

Excellent. Upvoted and commented, @dorecchio.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MKainu 

The only way I am aware of is the so called permission sets. These are only available with Enterprise subscriptions. The feature was called "roles" in the past and essentially allows you to create a template of specific permissions and then simply assign it to a user or group of users, i.e. Marketing Staff, Sales Rep, Sales Manager, etc.

Maybe @danmoyle or @karstenkoehler are aware of another way, but to the best of my knowledge what you are after only works with an Enterprise subscription.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project