Is Inbound sales a good fit for every organisation/industry?

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I can read a lot about why starting Inbound Sales, however is this a good fit for every organisation, within every industry? We are in a quite traditional market, where Inbound Sales will be a large step to take and sometimes I am wondering if it is the right fit (at this moment). However, I cannot find any information about when (or not) implementing Inbound Sales. 

Thanks in advance. 

Greets, Els 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Broshuisels  While every organization is different, you will need to judge for yourself if Inbound sales is the correct methodology for your company. 

Outbound sales has been effective for many years, but today's buyers are different and better informed when it comes to time to make a purchase decision. Using Inbound sales techniques, you will be closer aligned to the buyer upon initial contact, saving you time and effort.

If your company has adopted Inbound marketing techniques, then you have prob spent time helping your marketing team understand who your buyer persona or ideal customer is. Those leads should now be much better qualified, making the hand off from marketing to sales much smoother, and the chances of a closed/won much higher. Find out more about Inbound Sales here, here, and here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @ej, 

Thank you for your reply. I agree that every organization is different and we should make our own judgement if inbound sales is the correct methodology. I did the Inbound Sales course, so I am familiar with the (dis) advantages of Inbound Sales. However, I thought maybe there is already some research about how often Inbound Sales is used in different Industries, or types of organization. Just to get some inspiration if Inbound Sales is the right fit. I think some parts of Inbound Sales are a perfect with our organization, but other parts are maybe at this moment too new, because it is a quite traditional market (without many blogs etc.). Maybe you are familiair with such a research? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Not really familiar with much research on the topic. Occasionally the HubSpot Sales Blog has some excellent content regarding Inbound Sales success. It woudl be a good place to start. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes