Importing Questions

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am a new Free User and will gladly move to paid if I can get my data imported correctly. Each Excel row of mine contains both contact and company name.

I saw posts from 2017 and 2018 where it states you cannot import both at once?  Has this been fixed?

If not, what is the work around?

I want to import my data and have the contacts associated with the companies; seems simple enough but I see a lot of people complaining about this.

I would be grateful for any advice on a solution to get me going.

Thanks!

Kirk

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Top Contributor

KirkB,

To import your data into Hubspot you need to have 2 Excel file, one with Contacts and one with Companies. In this way, you download these files one by one.

To associate Contacts with Companies, each contact should have a company id. Thus, you would be able to do the import in an automated way. If you don't have company id to associate it to contacts, than the import can be done with the help of technicians.

To get more info on your case contact data migration experts. They will talk you through all the details.

Best.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
Top Contributor

KirkB,

To import your data into Hubspot you need to have 2 Excel file, one with Contacts and one with Companies. In this way, you download these files one by one.

To associate Contacts with Companies, each contact should have a company id. Thus, you would be able to do the import in an automated way. If you don't have company id to associate it to contacts, than the import can be done with the help of technicians.

To get more info on your case contact data migration experts. They will talk you through all the details.

Best.

0 Upvotes