Account & Settings

melissaregan
Miembro

Import People Without Email Address

resolver

I don't have email addresses for all of my customers. Is it possible to import via CSV file a bunch of people without email addresses? Thanks!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to import via CSV file a bunch of people without email addresses??

Short A: Sure. Contacts w/o email addresses will be imported and their email address property will be blank (allowing you to update it in HubSpot after import).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
gelflex-cc
Asesor destacado

resolver

@melissaregan  Just a note. All my contacts are imported regardless of email status.  There is one key piece I must always remember because of this. HubSpot uses the email address as the primary identifier, therefore I can not duplicate the contacts with emails when importing a new list. Anyone who does not have an email will be duplicated.

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

@gelflex-cc makes an excellent point regarding the mass duplication histeria caused by importing contacts w/o email addresses. We see these messes in HubSpot portal after HubSpot portal belonging to users whose original intention for email-less imports was "to save time".

If phone number is the only initial means of contact there are better systems for managing calls up to the point if/when an email address can be obtained for integration with HubSpot. Much more efficient. Much more manageable.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
Reliantelevator
Miembro

resolver

Per the response below, what are the better systems for managing calls?  I like the features of Hubspot, but if I cannot load my information it is worthless.

Shari

If phone number is the only initial means of contact there are better systems for managing calls up to the point if/when an email address can be obtained for integration with HubSpot. Much more efficient. Much more manageable.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

@oprystupa, a "tech team" is not required to import contacts without email addresses directly into HubSpot.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to import via CSV file a bunch of people without email addresses??

Short A: Sure. Contacts w/o email addresses will be imported and their email address property will be blank (allowing you to update it in HubSpot after import).

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta