Account & Settings

ian_fay

I need my account reactivated please.

Hello,

I need my account reactivated.  Over the last year, business has been slow and I haven't been actively logging into my HubSpot account.  Since your main tagline is that it's FREE FOREVER, I assumed that there wouldn't be some new rule that by not logging into Hubspots website you have the possibility to get your data purged.  I had HUbspot connectivity to my website and had been using the BCC feature for every business email I sent.  Now that business is picking up, I tried to login to my HubSpot account. It looks as if it's been deactivated. I imported 15 years of CRM data into HubSpot. Please don't tell me that you just threw away all my precious information.

9 Replies 9
GKahinga

Hi Team,

Please help I NEED MY ACCOUNT REACTIVATED

I have a HubSpot account which has been Inactive for more than 210 days. I am trying to revive the account though am stuck.

I am able to log in ok.

After logging in, I get a message Which account would you like to continue to?

"We're sorry You have no accounts."

When I click on My Account Name then ALL ACCOUNTS nothing happens.

Please help as I need to maintain my existing email address with HubSpot.

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GKahinga,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into an issue with logging into your account. 

The process to reactivate accounts has been updated since the publication of this post. 

A member of our Technical Support Team will be able to assist you with this matter 🙂

Can I ask you to please fill out this form here? I would recommend including all of these details in the form or linking to this community post so the team can get full context on this login issue.

Once the form is submitted, a member of the HubSpot Support Team will reach out to you.

Thanks,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
SummerIndigo
Participant

Interesting read, my account was deactivated as well, it is just horrid how companies are so careless with people's important info. I assume I will not get mine re-activated either, and won't bother to set up a new account. I had trainings and other things that I was working on and really do not feel like starting over from scratch because Hub spot cares so little for their users. I was logged on not so long ago in my busy life, apparently, it was not enough for HUb spot, as I am not even receiving responses when I submit for re-activation. I also missed the emails because they got buried. Disappointing.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SummerIndigo 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. We might be able to reactivate the account, depending however on the amount of time it stayed inactive. I can see you have submitted the can't log in form this article last week. You should have received an email from one of my colleague on August, 6th around 10:37 pm GMT + 1 - I'd recommend replying to that email with the extra information asked so we can figure out what is your HubSpot account/ID and see if this can be reactivated or not. 

I want to share with you this resource for more context. This is part of our ongoing effort to clear up unused & unnecessary data for GDPR.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
ian_fay

Another rep reached out....

On Oct 19, 2020, at 10:30 AM, Hubspot, Inc. <> wrote:
Hi Ian,

I hear your frustration and I apologize. If I could help you I would! However, we have a standard policy for purging data. In our terms of service, which you agree to when signing up for HubSpot, it states that "we may terminate your subscription to the Free Services due to your inactivity". You can find out terms of service here. Multiple emails were also sent to - to give you the chance to reactivate the hub (for 90 days) before the data was purged. I can see that those emails were opened and no action was taken to reactivate.

For any further question feel free to reach out to the HubSpot Community.

Best,

The HubSpot Sales Team

Yeah.... but I wasn’t in-active.  I was using functions of HubSpot.  In a short amount of research, I count over 50 times I actively used HubSpot this year.  And “standard policy”… gimmie a break.   Free Forever gives the user an impression that our data is safe with Hubspot.  You don't make it clear on signup that you have to login to your portal or your data will be dumped.  You say those emails were 'opened'.  Yeah, they were opened last week when I found out that HubSpot deleted over a decade of my data!!!!!  At least email the 'dumped' user an export of their data.  

Hubspot sends 900 emails a week...  how are we supposed to sift through the ones that tell us you are going to delete our data and those that are trying to get us to purchase more of your products?!?!?!  

I get that bandwidth & server space is an expensive cost for you. When you are literally a customer service SaaS... and we all know that customer data is the NUMBER ONE most valuable thing to ANY business, I would think you would be less calous and "algorithmic" about it.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ian_fay

I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. Please know that HubSpot's intention is never to deceive or confuse our users. When referring to Free Forever, that is in reference to our base product-CRM being offered for no cost forever - not in reference to data storage. In regards to data storage, security and privacy are our top priorities and for legal reasons the data is removed after the set amount of time. As this is for HubSpot users' security, there are no backups. 

As the rep explained, there are multiple notification emails sent in the weeks leading up to your account's deactivation. The emails directly prompt users to log into their accounts to keep the account active as this is the only way HubSpot can recognize that you are actively and intentionally using your account. This is standard procedure to ensure we are only keeping data that is active and up to date. 

Again, I do apologize for the business impact this has had. Please know I have investigated this matter fully and the best next step, if you wish to continue using HubSpot, is to create a new free account here

Thank you,
Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
ian_fay

Hello!  Can someone please tell the status of my information?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ian_fay 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Your account was deactivated due to an extended period of inactivity. Due to the length of time the account has been inactive, it has been removed from HubSpot's records and cannot be restored. 

If you would like to start using HubSpot again, you can create a new free account here.

I want to share with you this resource for more context. This is part of our ongoing effort to clear up unused & unnecessary data for GDPR.

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

ian_fay

Tiphane...

The deal is that I had 15 years of CRM data in this account...  ported over from another CRM that went out of business.  And I wasn't inactive, I used the CRM as it was connected to my website for customer inquiry and I BCC'd my Hubspot account for every business email I sent. All I didn't do was directly log into your dashboard.  I'm not a web-based guy.  I like client applications that access my remote service.  And also, there was a pandemic and everything shut down.

How can your primary tagline be "Free Forever" and then you calously delete over a decade of data because you deemed my data 'unused & unnecssary'.  I did use it, just not according to some secret clause you had in your Terms & Condidtions.  You would think you could have tried harder to contact me instead of auto-sending some emails.  This is crushing news....  years of my hard work collecting contacts and tracking them... lost.. because of your souless algorhym. 

I'm sure there's backups somewhere.  Please try harder than sending some canned content respose and a link to a site that is supposed 'explain' why a couple megabytes of database data has to be purched because I didn't jump through an unknown hoop.