Account & Settings

MLegardez
Membre

I have 2 very different customer types

Résolue

Hi everyone 😉

In our business we have 2 differents customers:

1) companies or merchant, that will buy or saas solution => easy to understand and set up for us

2) contributors that will create content (hundreds), these ones have very different properties and are/will never be linked to the 1)

my question: should I create 2 hubspot account ? or can I use 1 hubspot account and in that case what should i do ?

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
Bryantworks
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hey @MLegardez,

You should just be under one HubSpot account but create a custom property to differentiate the two of them.  Something like "Customer Type" with the options of "Merchant" and "Contributors" that way you can easily segment by the two.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @MLegardez,

If you want to be able to easily access this property, custom or not, the best way to do so is via the contact record sidebar. This sidebar can be customized to prominently feature this field: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

Additionally, you could make this a required property when someone creates a new contact: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-fields-seen-when-manually-creating-records

Best regard!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
6 Réponses
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MLegardez,

If you want to be able to easily access this property, custom or not, the best way to do so is via the contact record sidebar. This sidebar can be customized to prominently feature this field: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

Additionally, you could make this a required property when someone creates a new contact: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-fields-seen-when-manually-creating-records

Best regard!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @MLegardez,

I would work with a custom property or a default one (e.g. Persona) here. Two portals would be much more work than maintaining just one.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes
MLegardez
Membre

Résolue

ok amazing thank you for your support

last minute of help: can you tell me when i create a property how should i do it in the best way so anytime we had a contact we can directly say if a contributor or a company ?

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @MLegardez,

Could you specify what the second group of contacts is doing? Are these vendors that you are buying content from and who are supporting you in that capacity? Or are the playing a role in your sales process?

Some general notes:

Generally, HubSpot is built to be a CRM, to manage the relationships with your (potential) customers. It can be customized to manage other relationships, too, of course.

There isn't any way to entirely "containerize" or separate contact segments in HubSpot. You can use lists, exclusion lists and access permissions to keep them apart but you need to define the logic. In that sense, if you want to completely separate vendor management from you marketing and sales process, two portals could make sense.

Alternatively, you could create a persona for all contributors to be able to easily identify them, create lists for them and exclude them from any marketing and sales efforts if they don't play a role in your sales process.

With a Professional or Enterprise subscription you can customize the record sidebar and group properties for each segment of contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes
MLegardez
Membre

Résolue

hi 😉

yes these contributors are writing peace of content we are using in our saas, they do not play any role in the sales process

for example, hundreds of contributors will be contacted from our team, with a clear sales approach using funnel etc. and last stage is that they create a content

then on the other side, we start the "real" sales process from our sales team to sell this to merchant/companies

should i just create a property or create a second hubspot account ?

0 Votes
Bryantworks
Solution

Résolue

Hey @MLegardez,

You should just be under one HubSpot account but create a custom property to differentiate the two of them.  Something like "Customer Type" with the options of "Merchant" and "Contributors" that way you can easily segment by the two.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert