Account & Settings

JCheung5
Participant

Hubspot not working in Outlook

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here.  My Hubspot in Outlook will not launch eventhough I have removed it and re-added it several times and even tried logging my computer off and on and still doesn't work.  I think the issue is related to the fact that I have registered 2 hubspot accounts. 

1. The first time I registered it was under my outlook email and it worked fine however, it was not connected to my work hubspot account.  I was then advised by Hubspot helpdesk to change the email to my personal email so that I could use my outlook email to register with the company hubspot account.  So I changed the emails.

2. I registered with the company hubspot under my outlook email so you would naturally assume that my outlook would be linked to this address but my outlook was still connected to the old account with my personal email.

3. I then deleted my old account thinking that's a way to stop my outlook linking to this account and reconnect to the work account with my outlook email.

4. Hubspot now doesn't launch in my outlook - email extension.  I think it is still looking for my old account and cannot seem to connect with my new account which is registered under my outlook email.  I am able to remove and add Hubspot to outlook no problem.  It's just when I click on Hubspot to track my email etc. it will not launch.

Hubspot help desk cannot find a solution and suggested I try Hubspot Community.  If anyone knows about this issue then any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jessica    

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JCheung7

Hi Mia,  I've uninstalled and reinstalled hubspot sales extension in my outlook and also re-sync but still doesn't work.  This is what I get - hubspot can't seem to launch:

JCheung7_0-1675278195701.png

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the screenshot @JCheung7

Could you please follow the instructions in this Knowledge base article?

If this doesn't help, please also check if there are any plugins in Outlook that are conflicting with HubSpot: 

1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
  2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
  3. See if HubSpot enables and works

Thanks!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

JCheung7

Hi Mia,

Many thanks for your suggestions.  I have tried everything that you had suggested but it's still not worked.  The Hubspot just keeps spinning when I try to launch it and no error messages come up.  Installing and uninstalling Outlook and Hubspot doesn't seem to work either.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jessica

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JCheung5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Could you please check your extension settings in your HubSpot account?

Please go to settings > General > Email > Email extension settings and check if there's the right account under "Sync account". If yes, I'd recommend to reinstall the HubSpot Sales Extension and initiate a resync. 

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 15.37.14.png

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

JCheung7

Hi Mia, many thanks for your help!  I have checked my account and it is correct.  How do I reinstall HubSpot Sales Extension?  Do I go to microsoft apps and reinstall in my outlook?

JCheung7_0-1675268643097.png

0 Upvotes