Account & Settings

MWeis
Participant

Hubspot Meetings: Zoom vs. Google Meet

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

we're using Hubspot Meetings for customers to directly book a link with us. All of the employés connected their own zoom link, however, for the last couple of days the calendar entry does not only show the zoom link but a Google Meet button, too.

This has led to confusion on both sides and we would like for only the zoom link to be shown. I've searched all settings twice and couldn't find where I went wrong.

Has anyone experienced the same / something similar and could help? 

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂
Best wishes

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MWeis 

When you say "calendar entry does not only show the zoom link but a Google Meet button, too." is that for the booked and confirmed meeting that was booked by a prospect via the meeting link? Could you share a screenshot?

My gut feeling, this has something to do with your GSuite settings.

I know Google recently made GoogleMeet available for all GSuite accounts and made it the default, so that might be how the GoogleMeet link ends up in the invites.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
JanetMcLean
Participant

SOLVE

We had this issue and in our case it was because when setting up the Meeting the zoom url had been posted in the Location field (see pic below). The meeting invite then included both the Google Meet AND the Zoom link. 

location url.png

Instead by selecting Add videoconference link and then selecting Zoom only the zoom link appeared in the meeting invite

Untitled.png

0 Upvotes
MWeis
Participant

SOLVE

@franksteiner79  
My team lead had a look at our settings and he found where to deactivate Google Meet.
However, our internal meetings take place via Google Meet, and he's afraid that this will no longer be possible, should we deactivate GMeet completely.
It's only the meetings with customers that we do via Zoom. We have not found a solution that works for us yet. Do you have any ideas? 

Thank you in advance
Meike Weis
image (1).png

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MWeis 

Ich kann mich nicht mehr 100% erinnern, aber ich glaube ich hatte das bei mir über die Einstellung (bevorzugte/default) Meeting Option gelöst. Das ist glaube ich der passende Hilfe Artikel bei Google.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

MWeis
Participant

SOLVE

@franksteiner79 Danke, das probieren wir! 🙂

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MWeis 

When you say "calendar entry does not only show the zoom link but a Google Meet button, too." is that for the booked and confirmed meeting that was booked by a prospect via the meeting link? Could you share a screenshot?

My gut feeling, this has something to do with your GSuite settings.

I know Google recently made GoogleMeet available for all GSuite accounts and made it the default, so that might be how the GoogleMeet link ends up in the invites.

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

MWeis
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @franksteiner79 , 

thank you for your response. I've attached a screenshot, but your solution does sound quite plausible already. I will ask my team lead to take a look at the GSuite Settings and if it should still not work come back on here. 

Thanks a lot & best wishes

MWeis_0-1674566177319.png

0 Upvotes