Account & Settings

DrewShoe

How to remove or add a checkbox property from multiple companies without overwriting data.

SOLVE

I'm trying to remove a checkbox property from multiple companies but can't seem to do this without overwriting previous data.

Is this possible? Or do I have to go into each company manually and remove the specfic tag?

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 5.00.17 PM.png

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

How to remove or add a checkbox property from multiple companies without overwriting data.

SOLVE

Hi, @DrewShoe. Check out this help article on how you can use imports to resolve this situation. (After reading, you may want to test this first to ensure you've got the process down.)

Multiple checkbox properties can be overwritten in a .csv - you just delimit each value with a semicolon. As a result, if you were to export all values for contacts who have that property, remove the undesired choice, then reimport, this would update the data the way you're asking. 

Please note that help article describes how to append existing values. We're effectively using this same process to subtract a value. I strongly recommend you create a test company, select some checkboxes, then attempt a sample import to remove an undesired value. Once you're confident of the process, you can proceed with the rest of the companies. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @DrewShoe. Check out this help article on how you can use imports to resolve this situation. (After reading, you may want to test this first to ensure you've got the process down.)

Multiple checkbox properties can be overwritten in a .csv - you just delimit each value with a semicolon. As a result, if you were to export all values for contacts who have that property, remove the undesired choice, then reimport, this would update the data the way you're asking. 

Please note that help article describes how to append existing values. We're effectively using this same process to subtract a value. I strongly recommend you create a test company, select some checkboxes, then attempt a sample import to remove an undesired value. Once you're confident of the process, you can proceed with the rest of the companies. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes