Account & Settings

Benvenisti
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

How to remove Add timeline activity to a deal

SOLVE

When we create a new deal, the 2 checkboxes Add timeline activity from contact
and Add timeline activity from company are selected by default.
Can we change this set-up so no timeline activities from contact or company are added to the deal?
We have different sales people working on deals with the same company/contact and they shouldn't see each others activities.

Thanks
Ron

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Benvenisti,

Just to confirm, do the sales reps have access to the contact and company records? If yes, they could access the activities anyway, couldn't they? If they do not have access to a contact, for example, they wouldn't be able to associate the deal with this contact either – and not carry over activities.

As far as I know there aren't any specific setting to prevent this, unfortunately. You could submit this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Benvenisti,

Just to confirm, do the sales reps have access to the contact and company records? If yes, they could access the activities anyway, couldn't they? If they do not have access to a contact, for example, they wouldn't be able to associate the deal with this contact either – and not carry over activities.

As far as I know there aren't any specific setting to prevent this, unfortunately. You could submit this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.