Account & Settings

JPDumas

How to manage Hubspot mail integration with Google Primary and Alias Domains

SOLVE

Hi,

I need some help. I have four domains all connected to one G Suite Account. One primary and three secondary. This lets our team use the emails they need and some powerusers switch between emails without being on a separate account.

The setup is as follows:

a.com is primary

b.com is a domain alias

c.com is a domain alias

d.com is a domain alias

Our powerusers can send emails from the main account (mike@a.com)  but also mike@b.com,  mike@c.com and mike@d.com

So my questions are as follows: 

1. Can hubspot users have different aliases based on the above

2. Will the email pugin for G Suit work on the above accounts

3. Are there any limitations or best practises i should know about on the above?

Thank you to the community for any help on this!

Best

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JPDumas 

We use multiple domains names, in G Suite, with HubSpot and it all works really well.

In our case we have have multiple Top Level Domains for different countries e.g. mike@webalite.com and mike@webalite.co.nz (this works for your examples too).

Because we're based in New Zealand I typically use ".co.nz" when emailing locally.

We usually use Gmail for sending and receiving 1:1 emails. Gmail replies from the email address the email was sent to – for example if you email me at mike@webalite.com it will automatically reply from the .com (and I could change that in Gmail).

You can also connect the Aliases in HubSpot so you can send from different email addresses in HubSpot.

In the HubSpot CRM you can click on an email to see the sender details – there you will see which address was used.

Also, I like the new Signature Selector so you can stack up differ email signatures and choose them with a select list. This will probably work for you too.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JPDumas 

We use multiple domains names, in G Suite, with HubSpot and it all works really well.

In our case we have have multiple Top Level Domains for different countries e.g. mike@webalite.com and mike@webalite.co.nz (this works for your examples too).

Because we're based in New Zealand I typically use ".co.nz" when emailing locally.

We usually use Gmail for sending and receiving 1:1 emails. Gmail replies from the email address the email was sent to – for example if you email me at mike@webalite.com it will automatically reply from the .com (and I could change that in Gmail).

You can also connect the Aliases in HubSpot so you can send from different email addresses in HubSpot.

In the HubSpot CRM you can click on an email to see the sender details – there you will see which address was used.

Also, I like the new Signature Selector so you can stack up differ email signatures and choose them with a select list. This will probably work for you too.

Have fun

Mike

JPDumas

SOLVE

Thank you Mike!

I was wondering if by chance you knew how to use these aliases in quotes and changed quotes based on email?

So in your example clients in NZ would get Quote 1 with alias ".co.nz" and clients elsewhere would get Quote 2 with alias ".com"

Thank you very much, its much appreciated!

Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @JPDumas 

Yes, you can change the "from" address in the quote (just ran a test).

But, you actually have to type the email – so it's not ideal. You can also change the Website URL, but again it's manual, not a selecct list.

I really like the quote functionality so it's only a small complaint.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes
JPDumas

SOLVE

Great thank you!